Surprise Gift Card in my email this morning

KTRuby

I'm cruising on the Glory in 10 days and this morning was surprised to find a Carnival eGift Card in an email message. All it says is that it's a promotional gift card and it's from "Marketing Services". Of course I'm very grateful for an extra $25 but I am curious where it came from! Any ideas?

BEWARE! I saw a FB post from Carnival indicating someone was out there giving out gifts/prizes stating they were from Carnival and they are not. I would call and confirm with them. You may have been targeted and gotten something that's really NOT from Carnival.

That's a good idea. It looks identical to the others that I have except for the 'promotional' details. Thankfully I wasn't counting on it so if it doesn't work there's no harm done. I'm really just curious more than anything!

That's a good idea. It looks identical to the others that I have except for the 'promotional' details. Thankfully I wasn't counting on it so if it doesn't work there's no harm done. I'm really just curious more than anything!

I got the same e-mail this morning. I went to the carnivalgiftcards.com website and entered my card information and it does show a balance of $25. Looks like it is legit. I recently purchased a bunch of them as gifts for friends and family so maybe it is some promo having to do with that. I sent and e-mail to my PVP asking if he knows what it was for but I haven't heard back yet. Not going to question it - just glad to have the extra $25!!!

Did you buy Carnival gift cards using your Carnival MasterCard around Thanksgiving? Don't recall the exact date but I got an email I *think* from Barclay/MasterCard (although it might have been Carnival) saying if I spent a certain amount on gift cards with my MC they'd send me a $25 gift card.

Of course wasn't ready to book a cruise then so didn't do... the ended up booking one last week ~ grrrrr.

Did you buy Carnival gift cards using your Carnival MasterCard around Thanksgiving? Don't recall the exact date but I got an email I *think* from Barclay/MasterCard (although it might have been Carnival) saying if I spent a certain amount on gift cards with my MC they'd send me a $25 gift card.

Of course wasn't ready to book a cruise then so didn't do... the ended up booking one last week ~ grrrrr.

I did buy gift cards with my Carnival MasterCard. I also called the Carnival 800 number and was advised to go to the Carnival gift card website and check my card balance to ensure that the funds are available. It worked. Guess it's not a scam.

Yes I did, that must be it! I called as well since curiosity got the better of me and was told it is a valid card. Great surprise! I shall enjoy my scam!

You win the Avatar of the year award! ;)

I'm cruising on the Glory in 10 days and this morning was surprised to find a Carnival eGift Card in an email message. All it says is that it's a promotional gift card and it's from "Marketing Services". Of course I'm very grateful for an extra $25 but I am curious where it came from! Any ideas?

Does not sound right.

Read everything in detail to make sure you dont start some kind of membership with high a fee.

Does not sound right.

Read everything in detail to make sure you dont start some kind of membership with high a fee.

I read it carefully, called Carnival and MasterCard. Thanks for the concern everyone but I am confident that handing the email printout to the person at the counter won't result in anything horrific! I guess some folks have really been burned in the past. I'm luckier than I realized.

I read it carefully, called Carnival and MasterCard. Thanks for the concern everyone but I am confident that handing the email printout to the person at the counter won't result in anything horrific! I guess some folks have really been burned in the past. I'm luckier than I realized.

Good deal!