Who's just off the Jewel???

I will be on the Jewel 1/18. I'm sure there are other posts I could have researched that already covered this, but I'm looking for recent info. For those of you recently off the ship, we did you see as the minimum requirement on the dress up nights. I am not dragging along sport coats.

Will I be allowed in specialty restaurants with a golf shirt on these nights?? Or the main dining room?

Thanks for any input!!

Tim

I was on the Jewel in October and I did not take a jacket. I just wore a button up with a pair of khakis on the formal nights. I did not go to any specialty restaurants, but wouldn't think you would have a problem.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Jewel is no different than any other RCCL ship. Polo or button up shirts are just fine for dinner anywhere. In fact you don't see a lot of sport coats in the specialty restaurants. We'll be on Jewel in March - no coats or jackets for me either:D

Edited by bouhunter

Jewel is no different than any other RCCL ship. Polo or button up shirts are just fine for dinner anywhere. In fact you don't see a lot of sport coats in the specialty restaurants. We'll be on Jewel in March - no coats or jackets for me either:D

Yay for you. We are on the same cruise with you and there will be no jackets for my husband either although he will wear a button up shirt for formal nights with slacks. No room in the luggage for jackets, so glad to know you are the same. See you on board, getting much closer now. :D

Just off the Jewel 12/7/13. You could show up with your shorts on your head now days. You will see that probably 95% of those in the MDR will be dressed up on formal nights, with those who don't feel like dressing up skipping the MDR. Your attire will be fine. I wear suites for formal nights and specialty restaurants. The rest of the nights I am only missing the jacket, but I am still wearing a tie. That's just me, but I enjoy that part of cruising. I like it when my wife wears evening/cocktail dresses, so I better try (even if it is futile) to keep up with her. :p

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Yay for you. We are on the same cruise with you and there will be no jackets for my husband either although he will wear a button up shirt for formal nights with slacks. No room in the luggage for jackets, so glad to know you are the same. See you on board, getting much closer now. :D

Just over 3 months!:)