Cabin A751 - Sapphire Princess - Any Problems?

deadzone1003

I just booked cabin A751 on the Sapphire Princess. The primary reasons that I chose A751 was its location and that it was an aft balcony cabin which many people in this forum seems to rave about. If you have stayed in the aft balconies on the Aloha deck, please supply me information concerning the following:

1) Movement - How severe is it compared to midship - Aloha Deck?

2) Noise - The ceiling of A751 seems to be right under part of the Horizon Terrace Deck. How noisy does it get? Does it ever get noisy in the early mornings or late evenings? Also with the balcony door open or close, how noisy is the wake of the ship?

As you may guess, I'm somewhat of a light sleeper.

Ok.....I'm a first timer with Princess :) ....so I have nothing to offer in response to your question . But I have a question for you.....and maybe you can help me....human nature has always fascinated me.

Since coming over to the Cruise Critic site, I have noticed something that seems a bit backwards to me. I have often read threads that ask, for example: "I just booked a ticket on Mexicana Airlines....can someone tell be about their service?" Or, "I just booked a room at the Sonesta Inn for the night before my cruise; is it easy to get to the port from here and is it quiet enough to sleep at night?" Or your question: "I just booked a cabin...any problems?"

:confused: :confused: Isn't this the type of question you would ask in the deliberative process, meaning as you are trying to make a wise decision? Why have you made a decision on a cabin....and then start asking questions?

Believe me, deadzone....I am not picking on you. ;) I'm just tying to figure out the thought pattern behind such questions.

There's a total of 10 aft balcony cabins on the Sapphire Princess. When I was talking to my TA, I was still deciding whether to book a BC on Aloha Deck or a BB on the Carribean Deck. She told me that there was an aft balcony cabin, A751, was still available. I didn't expect an aft balcony to be available at all. So, I grabbed it. Heck, I could always change my mind before final payment. I knew that there would be movement in that cabin and that it was going to be a little noisy. I'm trying to find out to what degree. If I investigate first, by next week it is highly likely that A751 would not be available. I even put in the option of no upgrade so that Princess couldn't move me.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I paid particular attention to this particular cabin

as well while aboard the Diamond/Sapphire and we do love aft cabins.

However, one thing we observed with A751 is that there is a main door

that leads from outside to the corridor and it slams really hard, I mean

loud, and I remember commenting to hubby while at the terrace pool

that although that would be sort of a keen location poolwise, it would not

be a good cabin because of the noise. You might

want to invest in earplugs, seriously. Also, on night 4 or 5 they have

an island night party that takes place until at least 12:30 or 1 a.m.,

and the music will be right outside your door. We were aft on Emerald

deck once and clearly heard the music. I don't think this is a wise

choice of cabin for a light sleeper. If you had said you could sleep

through anything, then I'd say go for it. However, since you are a "light

sleeper, you might be somewhat irritated with this cabin choice.

And you definitely will hear the wake from that cabin but only if you sleep

with your balcony door open.

• 5 years later...

The two biggest issues I've read about this cabin are the noise from the Terrace pool area, sometimes late into the evening, and that people can see into the balcony. I haven't stayed in this cabin but that's the feedback I've read. You also have open, public deck directly above the cabin so you may hear people walking at any time and/or deck washing early in the morning. The door slamming could be a problem, particularly when it's windy.

Believe or not we stayed in that exact cabin on a 7 day cruise to Mexico last Dec. It has a great loctaion right nerxt to the door that leads to the aft pool and very close to the Horizon Court. We did not hear any noise from the pool area.. at all. But then again the people who used that pool on our cruise were not really noisey people ... they weren't really party people. they just laid out there inthe sun. We did hear noise in the morning when they were moving chairs on the deck above us. But that lasted just a few minutes. The balcolny's are much larger than we were used to on the Baja deck. We did not feel the motion of the ship more than any other location. We would stay in that cabin again.

I've also sailed in that cabin; the door *is* loud. The wake is white noise and rather soothing; it actually covers any mechanical noises you might hear.

My DH is a sound and vibration professional, and we both agree that there is a gentle "wag" to the aft of Sapphire at speed. It's a side-to-side motion and I find it soothing. Others might find it annoying - it's not super huge (not enough to ripple a glass of water), but it's there.

Archived