Anyone's excursions just disappear?

Nightstarzz

So... Looking at my carnival booking via the website, and I sail next month. Looked over the excursions, and one of them is missing... the one I booked back in August for this trip... Interesting. Checked my email, no notice. Checked my bank account, no refund. OKay.... Called Carnival... and they say they have no records of it ever being booked! Problem is, I printed my cruise documents about 2 weeks ago... it was there then. So the rep told me to call shore excursions tomorrow. So fustrated! It was the one thing my fiance really wanted to do on the whole trip! It was the xrails in Cozumel Mexico, if that helps any. She said she even checked what I have paid out, and do not have anything for the amount I spent... umm my bank says they took the money 8/21/2013. So she suggests that I call my bank to see if there is a refund on the way... guess what... NO there isnt! So mad right now...:mad:

*sighs* I dont know why customer service just cant tell us up front, or feel the need lie to us. So... OVER an hour after I called carnival about the missing excursion, I get the email saying oh we canceled your shore excursion... NO reason why, and thats fine. I will discover that later... but she didnt need to tell me that they never got payment for it, or that it was never booked. *shakes head* So messed up... but it wont be my last carnival cruise because of this one hiccup. I look forward to many more (especially if the fiance enjoys them as much as I.) Its his first. But he will have to pick out another excursion. Wonder why the cancellation on the Xrails... in fact its not listed as a possible excursion when you look at all port under the "Explore Shore Excursions" option.

Edited by Nightstarzz

Well the fiance was super keen on the xrails... We had orginally booked the dune buggies, but canceled when he saw how muddy we would get. He's such a big kid at times. so kinda think something manly lol? Not looking for a beach day too much, as we plan to hit a beaches in several ports. But if its a part of something thats a blast, then we will consider it.

Just out of curiousity, any suggestions on a group/website to book through if I chose to seek other sources to book the x-rails?

use your search engine of choice. THere are tons of excursions to do in Coz/Can outside of the cruise lines. Just search.

If you look at Trip Advisor you'll see that the x-rails excursion has recently gotten a lot of poor reviews due to mechanical problems. Carnival may have saved you from a disappointing day.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150809-d256077-Reviews-Wild_Tours-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#REVIEWS

I'd recommend reading though the Cozumel forum for ideas on how to spend your day.

I know you said you weren't looking for a beach but.......... When we were there we went to Playa Mia???? I think that was the name. It was way fun. They had a waterslide and they also had these bouncy things out in the water, so we took a paddle boat out and then we played on the tramp and other toys all afternoon. It was sooooo much fun.