How to book Costa Victoria?

OceanPrince

Hello all,

I plan to be in Hong Kong in Jan 2014. According to various cruise websites the Costa Victoria will be doing a 4 day roundtrip cruise out of HK on Jan 19th. However, this sailing is not on the Costa web site. Googling yielded limited information. I assumed it's chartered to local travel agency to sell? Anyone have any ideas how to get pricing and booking information on this cruise?

Also, what languages are spoken onboard this cruise (announcements, crew members, passengers)?

i did a quick search on google. there are 4-night cruises before and after the 19jan2014 date available. the 19th is probably sold out. have you called costa (or another agent)?

as for languages, all costa cruises are multi-lingual. at least 5 - 6. italian, french, german, spanish, english and whatever others the demographics dictate.

Hello all,

I

Also, what languages are spoken onboard this cruise (announcements, crew members, passengers)?

I haven't met any passenger facing crew who couldn't speak English, the passengers are mixed so you could hear almost any language being spoken.

The Victoria is chartered almost year round, apart from the small time frame at the moment. I'm sailing on the last non charter, which arrives in Hong Kong on the 11th Jan. I investigated booking that first cruise out of Hong Kong to extend my cruise but couldn't get any answers. Even when I emailed Costa.

thanks everyone for the reply. I called them and they said all those 4day Hong Kong cruises were chartered out. However, I can book the cruise on the 15th and 23rd directly thru them, but the cruise on the 19th is not available on their system. Guess no Costa Cruise for me.

The Victoria is chartered almost year round, apart from the small time frame at the moment. I'm sailing on the last non charter, which arrives in Hong Kong on the 11th Jan. I investigated booking that first cruise out of Hong Kong to extend my cruise but couldn't get any answers. Even when I emailed Costa.

Looks like the Hong Kong travel agency Miramar has dips on the Jan 11th Cruise. Might be able to book thru them directly.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmiramar%2Btravel%2Bhong%2Bkong%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D819&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.hkmiramartravel.com/OnlineCruise/Tour_Item_Isactive2.aspx&usg=ALkJrhgSpfOLobw9e8X4Jl-MKBjtZlI7YQ

I just disembarked the Costa Victoria (which should be re-named to Costa pathetica).

Rubbish from start to finish. The ship has all the charm of a Hong Kong food court.

Cheap and nasty food, tiny cabins and many Chinese staff members have an extremely limited understanding of even the most basic Western service concepts and have trouble communicating in English.

If you are looking for the Italian crusing experience, look elsewhere.

On the upside, the drinks package is cheap and you can numb your mind with a few Martinis before dinner - or breakfast even....

:o

I just disembarked the Costa Victoria (which should be re-named to Costa pathetica).

Rubbish from start to finish. The ship has all the charm of a Hong Kong food court.

Cheap and nasty food, tiny cabins and many Chinese staff members have an extremely limited understanding of even the most basic Western service concepts and have trouble communicating in English.

If you are looking for the Italian crusing experience, look elsewhere.

On the upside, the drinks package is cheap and you can numb your mind with a few Martinis before dinner - or breakfast even....

:o

interesting report, thanks. i'm not surprised. it does seem that they are targeting the chinese market with this ship. must be why the OP had such trouble booking it.

how did you book your cruise?

Of course they're marketing it to the Chinese - half the time she's 'home ported' in Shanghai.

I sailed on her to Japan in Oct. 2012 during Mid Autumn Festival week and estimate 90% of the pax were Chinese.