Need great ideas

jty1220

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in 3 years and it is our first trip since having a baby. My inlaws are watching him while we are gone we are looking for a nice relaxing thing to do in Cozumel.

We have been 2 other times and done the Bar hop and then just walked around the town once.

So we would like to probably visit a beach and walk around but don't want to do an all inclusive since we aren't big drinkers.

We would love to find some really good local food.

Any thoughts?

There's a ton of different things you can do.

But if you're looking for a quieter beach (less children fewer water toys, fewer people, etc), grab a taxi and head for either Alberto's or Playa Palancar. Good seafood, good drinks, nice sand.

Or, and since you've bar hopped before. Just have the taxi drop you at the Rasta Bar (Bob Marley's)! Sand! Ceviche! Reggae! Great service!

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in 3 years and it is our first trip since having a baby. My inlaws are watching him while we are gone we are looking for a nice relaxing thing to do in Cozumel.

We have been 2 other times and done the Bar hop and then just walked around the town once.

So we would like to probably visit a beach and walk around but don't want to do an all inclusive since we aren't big drinkers.

We would love to find some really good local food.

Any thoughts?

Good local food can be found at many of the bars and restaurants in the old town area. Our favorite is La Choza but I am sure others will suggest others and if you do a search on this forum there is actually already a thread on this subject.

For a quieter relaxing beach I would suggest Playa Palancar which is the furthest south of the beach clubs (hence higher taxi fare) and is pay as you go. I have never eaten there but it gets good reviews and will serve basic mexican food.

As another suggestion for something different I would recommend Josefina's cooking class where you will eat what you cook, definitely local. I answered your question about the market so thought you might be interested. Depending on how long you are in port and which pier you are at you may have time for some beach time afterwards if you wanted.