Formal nights on Minicruises

Yoshikitty

Hi Yoshikitty,

I am also on this cruise but we are on the 4 day version. We most definitely do have a formal night on Jan 7th which is confirmed by my Cunard documentation.

The other nights are classed as informal but on Cunard, as you may know, that still means a jacket but not necessarily a tie, for the men and a nice evening top and skirt or trousers for the ladies.

I was on this identical cruise on QE two years ago and we had a fab time. No evidence at all of a " booze cruise" as some on here would have you believe, with Cunard dress standards firmly held to and marvellous food. I consider this short cruise to be a lovely and classy way to do a city break to Hamburg! :)

I did a four night mini cruise a couple of weeks ago and we had a formal night. I did a two nighter a couple of years ago and was told there would be no formal night per se but we could dress up if we wanted to on the second night and most people did.

The OP is on the two night 6th-8th January segment of the QE mini cruise to Hamburg and I am on the same cruise, but for the four night segment. Our formal night is scheduled for the 7th January so Yoshikitty WILL be onboard for the formal night. They must fly home from Hamburg on January 8th whereas we stay on until Southampton on January 10th, when QE starts off on the first leg of her world cruise Southampton - New York.

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

We will spend the weekend in London, then take this mini cruise back home to Hamburg. :D

The last two times we were on QM2 from NYC to Hamburg, the segment from Southampton to Hamburg were both informal, that's the reason I asked this question :D.

Sorry Yoshikitty - I didn't notice you lived in Hamburg! :o

What a nice way to go home though....much more pleasant than flying.

Yes! Exactly! And, I can go shopping as much as I like, don't need to worry about the number of suitcases/bags I bring home. LOL