Best Western/Oakland Park Inn

Denham33

We have stayed there a couple of times. Once or twice before cruises. We have found it to be good for us, especially for the price. However it has been 2 years since we were there last. Be for warned the rooms are smaller than you are probably use to, but clean and alright. The pool is nice with a Tiki bar. I suggest you go to Tripadvisor for more recent reviews of the hotel. P.S. Before cruises we have always stayed there with our car and driven to the dock and parked there. There is a service that picks people up at the hotel, but I remember reading or hearing that it is not the greatest service and can be crowded and chaotic. So personally I would not stay here unless you have your own car and are planing to park at the port.

We stayed there a few years ago and it was fine, but the rooms were terribly moldy-smelling (at that time). I have read on this board from a local resident that they have since done a refurb and the rooms are better now, but I can't be sure. Yes, do read Trip Advisor and see if recent reviewers mention this problem. Otherwise, the staff and breakfast was fine, and it is across the street from a grocery store if you need last minutes items.

The neighborhood is fine but it's an old motel about 7-9 miles north of the port/airport area. It's an ok choice if it's cheap and includes all transportation or if you are driving and they give you a parking package including shuttle to/from port. Otherwise, pay taxi $30+ per ride.