Sailing on the Fascination in January

MerMade

Sailing on the Fascination in January out of Jacksonville,FL.

I have never been on this ship.

Anything special I should look forward to or not look forward to? :cool:

You'll love the Fascination! It's a smaller ship , but there is no lack of fun and entertainment.

Be sure to check the weather forecast for your embarkation day. Lately we have had a lot of fog and some higher than usual tides which can delay the return of the ship to JaxPort for disembarking passengers. If that happens, the port guards will not let anyone in until a set time, sometimes later in the day.

Not to worry though, most times, you can get into the port by 10:30am if the weather cooperates!!:)

I agree with jwjax the Fascination is a great ship. We have only sailed her once but I am looking to try and sneak another trip on her before summer. Just know she is smaller than the rest but more fun per square foot than any other ship we have sailed.

Sailing on the Fascination in January out of Jacksonville,FL.

I have never been on this ship.

Anything special I should look forward to or not look forward to? :cool:

If you click on this link, you can see my review with tips about my favorite spots on the ship. Hope it helps you plan. Enjoy the final days of your countdown :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1678948

PS: Ignore the tip about parking. That lot has closed since our cruise...

I was just on Fascination in September, had a great cruise. The only low point was the piano bar, usually one of my favorite spots at night, but the piano player didn't like audience participation.

There is a fairly lengthy photo review of her linked in my signature.

Was my very fav ship until Breeze. Be sure to hang out with bartender Tommy at the bar just ourside the comedy venue. Lots of fun! As you can see in my siggy line, the Adults Only Serenity Deck is ahhhhhsome.

Tommy, oh Tommy, one of the best bartenders in the world!

We've sailed on both itineraries of the fascination out of Jax. (We live 20 minutes from that port...) the ship is fine for the fantasy class. I prefer the bigger ships, but the small ships are easy to navigate. We prefer the Caribbean to the Bahamas, but any cruise is better than staying home!