Fisher price partnership ends on RCI?

charliegirlac

Hi all,

We recently returned from our cruise on Radiance of the Seas and we loved the toy lending program trough royal babies and tots. We are cruising again in February on Rhapsody and we were excited about packing even less by utilising this service again. However, hubby has just informed me that the Fischer Price partnership has ended and the toy lending program is being stopped. Does anyone have any info on this? I found this:

http://www.******************.com/2013/12/28/royal-caribbean-end-partnership-fisher-price

I am assuming that when they say the menus are being cancelled it is just the Fischer price decorated menus and there will still be a kids menu? Would love to hear any news on this!

TA!

I really hope they don't end the toy lending program. It seems like they are really cutting their offerings for babies & tots and it's disappointing considering they're still full fare and an extra fee in the nursery.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I really hope they don't end the toy lending program. It seems like they are really cutting their offerings for babies & tots and it's disappointing considering they're still full fare and an extra fee in the nursery.

So sad and surprising with all the publicity they've put into about the new nurseries and baby programs onboard. We're cruising on Radiance to Alaska (with 17 month old grandson) in May 2014 and hope we're not disappointed.

I emailed the C&A Society and they did indeed confirm that the fisher-price partnership was ending. They didn't have any additional information though. So I emailed and suggested they keep a similar program & activities as it sets them apart from other lines and is a great service with great reviews. Who knows if they care but at least I put my 2 cents in...

Edited by KITKAT0229

I emailed the C&A Society and they did indeed confirm that the fisher-price partnership was ending. They didn't have any additional information though. So I emailed and suggested they keep a similar program & activities as it sets them apart from other lines and is a great service with great reviews. Who knows if they care but at least I put my 2 cents in...

Did they say when it was ending ? Thanks for your 2 cents.

The article I found online that's a RCI blog said it ended as of jan 1st, 2014. Funny thing is their website still mentions the partnership.

I read that too, and it sounded like they were ending it so that they could offer toys from other vendors...so, that would make me think that they are going to keep most of the programs, but just offer more choices in toys. But, then they talk about canceling specific programs too - not sure if these were officially offered by both companies, and therefore, have to be cancelled. One would hope that they would replaces these cancelled programs with something similar. It was a very confusing message...

Just off of Adventure (5th Jan sailing) and my 5yr old noted there was no watching of the Fisher Price Little People cartoon but they did have a Lilo and Stitch afternoon. He was delighted to also report that aquanaughts (sp?) still had his favourite FP imaginext batman toys like he has at home.

He was disappointed not to get his crown and anchor diamond welcome gift on this cruise which is usually a pack of crayola twistable crayons. The week before we were on Jewel and they had run out so he got a bag instead which proved very handy for his beach toys but this week nothing.

Just off of Adventure (5th Jan sailing) and my 5yr old noted there was no watching of the Fisher Price Little People cartoon but they did have a Lilo and Stitch afternoon. He was delighted to also report that aquanaughts (sp?) still had his favourite FP imaginext batman toys like he has at home.

He was disappointed not to get his crown and anchor diamond welcome gift on this cruise which is usually a pack of crayola twistable crayons. The week before we were on Jewel and they had run out so he got a bag instead which proved very handy for his beach toys but this week nothing.

Thanks for the info for 5 year olds in Adventure Ocean.

I wonder what else changed for the other age groups...

Thanks for the info for 5 year olds in Adventure Ocean.

I wonder what else changed for the other age groups...

I think the FP tie up will much more affect the under 5s. You will usually find something your LO has at home and it can make them much more willing to explore all the toys if they find something familiar.

It will be a shame to see it end especially as we will soon be travelling with another child under three too.

I think the FP tie up will much more affect the under 5s. You will usually find something your LO has at home and it can make them much more willing to explore all the toys if they find something familiar.

It will be a shame to see it end especially as we will soon be travelling with another child under three too.

Ya I'll be sailing with my 2 yo this summer and I'd like to know what to expect.

• 3 weeks later...

We really enjoyed the toy lending program last year on Freedom. We were on Adventure this month with our now 23 month old and did not miss having toys. Gramma brought plenty of stickers, we bought magnets in port as souvenirs which she played with on the walls of the stateroom and I got to drink an entire cup of coffee on the balcony while she put some flat plastic geometric shapes in and out of an RCCL ice bucket (the shapes were from home and took up very little space in the suitcase). I've found that little little kids prefer playing with "off limit items" so an empty coffee cup or ribbon can provide much entertainment :)

• 4 weeks later...