Car rental at/near FLL pier

riviera

My sister has an evening flight home to Chicago after our cruise. Her flight leaves from West Palm Beach. Is there a way she could rent a car for the day then return it when they arrive at the airport for check-in?

My sister has an evening flight home to Chicago after our cruise. Her flight leaves from West Palm Beach. Is there a way she could rent a car for the day then return it when they arrive at the airport for check-in?

Yes, this is possible. There is at least one rental agency very close to the port that has free shuttles to/from the port.

Check with the Florida Departures board for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We also used Budget near the cruise terminal. Make sure she reserves her car from that location instead of the airport. Shuttle picked us up at the cruise terminal, took us to Budget location in a small shopping center. We drove to PBI(West Palm Beach) Budget airport location, turned in the rental and were shuttled to the airport. It is a very easy drive. We saved more and had better flight times from PBI.

I have a National car rented at the Ft Lauderdale airport for only $19.95. They told me they run a shuttle bus to the port. We are flying home from Ft Myers so I will be dropping the car off there.