Visa for Ft Lauderdale to Rio Brazil leg of world cruise?

Marc Thompson

Help...

I am booked on the QV Ft Lauderdale to Rio Brazil leg of the world cruise, leaving January 12. My travel agent said nothing about a visa for Brazil. Do I need one? I am going from the ship to the airport in Rio and then back to the US. Help please.

US citizens need a visa. You have to get it from tha Brazilian Consulate responsible for the area that you are resident of. Each Consulate has slightly different requirements and conditions. You should check on their web site. You should also check immediately with the visa service company that is recommended by CUNARD in the prevoyage booklet. The visa approval process is not quick and you may not be able to get one in time. Note that you will require to send in two passport photos with the application, you may also be able to take in the application by hand if you live near the consulate

Call Visa Central first thing in the morning and see if they can expedite it for you in a week. It will likely cost a fortune, if it can be done, but otherwise your cruise is probably off. After you get this problem fixed, find a new travel agent. My travel agent e-mailed me the the visa requirements for the QE World Voyage from Cunard on April 23, 2013!

Help...

I am booked on the QV Ft Lauderdale to Rio Brazil leg of the world cruise, leaving January 12. My travel agent said nothing about a visa for Brazil. Do I need one? I am going from the ship to the airport in Rio and then back to the US. Help please.

Hi

Once you've sorted out your visa do join us on our roll call:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785283

andhow

Hello

I would also call Cunard to advise them of this situation for their guidance. You need to act VERY quickly as time is short. My understanding is that if you don't have the Visa you will NOT be allowed to board the ship in Fort Lauderdale. If that is the case, perhaps you can get it in time to join the ship in Barbados. I also hope you have checked the expiration date on your passport as it must have least 6 months left after the date of your return at America. We all Hope to see you on board for this sailing.

Patrick (Deck Chair)

Edited by deck chair