Car services/shuttles from nj?

hbooden

Sailing out of NYC (manhattan) later this year. Trying to find a shuttle service from either nj or Philly? Does anyone know of any or have you used some? Or lol will take any advice on getting to the port:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry:) coming from cape may but could definitely go from Atlantic city or at worst Philly. Have thought about the train but I think amtrak is pretty pricey?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Northeast Regional from Philly to Penn Station is $39 each way on their saver fare. It's not refundable, but you can usually get it a month or so out unless you're talking a holiday weekend. Figure $15-20 or so for a cab to the terminal, depending on time of day and amount of traffic

I'd look at either driving to Atlantic City or getting a ride there and taking an express bus to Port Authority and a cab to the pier.

It's been many years since I've done this trip - at the time the only logical way to get to New York was by bus and it appears that that hasn't really changed.

• 1 month later...
I'd look at either driving to Atlantic City or getting a ride there and taking an express bus to Port Authority and a cab to the pier.

It's been many years since I've done this trip - at the time the only logical way to get to New York was by bus and it appears that that hasn't really changed.

We are cruising out of New York and also taking the NJ Transit Express Bus from Toms River (I think it's the same bus that comes up from Atlantic City), the fare is $40 round-trip to Port Authority in New York. From Port Authority, we are taking a taxi to the Pier. The bus from Toms River leaves every hour.

This route is so much more relaxing than taking a train from Atlantic City to Philadelphia/Trenton, then another train from there to Penn Station NYC, then taxi to the Pier.

Edited by ibcnusoon