Airport - Getting to and From

zjc

Hello

Due to be calling at St Martin on the Oasis in March.

I am wondering if anyone can advise the best ways to get too and from the ship to the end of the runway beach bar?

Really want to experience the landings!

I would imagine getting a taxi there will be easy but when were ready to return from the beach how would we go about getting a taxi back to the ship?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy Peasy!

Plenty of taxis at the Cruise Facility headed to Maho.

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

When you're ready to return, there will probably be taxis available, but, if not, the beach bar that you've been patronizing, Sunset or Guy's, should be very willing to call a taxi for you.

gary

Does the embedded image and link in my post not work with an iPad?

It works just fine with my tablets.

1 or 2 passengers is $20 total

3 - 5 passengers is $9 per person

6 - 14 passengers $8 per person

Each way, tip not included.

gary

Hey

Thanks for the info no sorry the image didn't work it loads but it appears very small and when zoomed is unreadable.

Thanks for the info it's really appreciated!

Thanks

ZJC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary would probably be able to answer that one better than me, but the only water taxi's that I've seen take you from the port to a pier in Phillipsburg further down the boardwalk. And that is really only on days where there are a lot of ships in port. If you want to get to the airport by boat, I would suggest any one of the catamaran excursions available on the island. They usually stop by Maho, but to my knowledge, I don't know of anyone who lets you off there.

Edited by cjackso8

Gary would probably be able to answer that one better than me, but the only water taxi's that I've seen take you from the port to a pier in Phillipsburg further down the boardwalk. And that is really only on days where there are a lot of ships in port. If you want to get to the airport by boat, I would suggest any one of the catamaran excursions available on the island. They usually stop by Maho, but to my knowledge, I don't know of anyone who lets you off there.

We were on the Lord Shefield pirate ship and they let the boat drift out in the water and the planes flew close by overhead but we did not get out of the boat at Maho. Like you I am not aware of any excursions by water that take folks to the beach at Maho.

I have read there are water taxi's at the port, will they take you to the airport beach & pick you back up?

The Water Taxi only operates within Great Bay, between the Cruise Facility and three rotating stops in Philipsburg. It is a 5 - 7 minute trip.

th_WaterTaxi.jpg

(click)

The stop in my shot labeled 'Future' has been functional for quite a while, but remains underutilized.

gary