Menus for Norwegian Spirit

bangzoom6877

i'm not sure when you are sailing but we leave on saturday and I will be happy to pass on all menu info when we get back. I was hoping to get a heads up myself about the menus and the activities on the spirit before we left too. :)

Alaskan babes, if it wouldn't be too much to ask I would appreciate you letting us know what the menus are for the spirit. I am going on 9/3, and would love to know what the food is like

Thanks a bunchy

Deb

Bonnie,

Last fall after the Alaska season, we sailed on the Spirit's 9-day Southern Caribbean cruise. I would be happy to go back through my packets but I would imagine that they would be somewhat different.

However, having cruised on NCL numerous times, the same menus appear on the various ships. We did have a Latitudes/Cruise Critic get-together on the Spirit and the Hotel Director, Food & Bev Manager and the Cruise Director attended to answer questions. If I remember correctly, they have 20-25 different menus that all of the ships utilize. I know the same Presidential menu is used on all of the ships.

Since we are booked on the Star for the 11/1 sailing, I did review the menus that someone had posted. All were familiar and repeated menus on both the Spirit and the Sun. The Spirit did have a Creole/Caribbean theme one night that was not included in the Star's menus but the cruise was two days longer.

The Spirit does have a Le Bistro as an alternative dining option. That menu is the same as both the Star and Sun.

I've been on 2 NCL cruises to AK and the menus were different, yet similar. One thing I LOVE on the menu are the cold soups. We are going to AK again in September, on board the Spirit and I'm anxious to see her, and to experience another wonderful cruise. I'm looking forward to the menus too!:p

Hikini:D

"One thing I LOVE on the menu are the cold soups."

Somehow I just can't wrap my brain around the idea of COLD FRUIT SOUP. I hear a lot of people on the boards rave about them. I've never tried any of them. If I were to get adventurous on the Jewel in October....which one would you suggest as my first try? Do they offer cold soup at the dining room lunch? (I love creamy soups...if that helps) Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Happy cruising!

We would be going (if we book, which we most likely will) next July on the 8-night itinerary to the Caribbean out of NYC.

Platterb, since you were also on a Caribbean itinerary, the menus would probably be identical, but one less since my cruise is 8 nights, not 9.

I know the President's menu is the same, because I saw that on the Dawn and the Sea. Actually I didn't care for that one too much, but I thought it still beat going to the buffet. I am not interested in Le Bistro. We tried it on the Sea and it was amazing, but we will have an 18-month-old with us this time so Le Bistro is out. But on the Dawn we didn't go to Le Bistro either, and it was before we had our son. On the Sea was the only time we ever paid for food on a cruise. We tend to go to the dining room, and the Mexican specialty restaurant was excellent on the Dawn too (no extra charge for that one). Didn't care very much for the Italian, but then again I am from NYC so I am picky about Italian food!

Bonnie

• 5 years later...

I finally found a site that has the sample menues http://www.beyondships.com/NCLSpirit.html

I am taking the Caribian cruise 12/4/11 out of New Orleans. I have never cruised on Norwegian and am very excited about going. Last year I took my first cruise on Carnival out of Galveston to the western carbian and loved it. This time I want to see Roatan and Belize.

Has any one taken the one out of New Orleans in Dec that can tell me what the weather is like? :confused:

I finally found a site that has the sample menues http://www.beyondships.com/NCLSpirit.html

I am taking the Caribian cruise 12/4/11 out of New Orleans. I have never cruised on Norwegian and am very excited about going. Last year I took my first cruise on Carnival out of Galveston to the western carbian and loved it. This time I want to see Roatan and Belize.

Has any one taken the one out of New Orleans in Dec that can tell me what the weather is like? :confused:

I have been on the Spirit a few times this year. That menu in the link is definitely old. Sorry but I don't have any updated menu copies. IMHO the food in the MDR's was generally very good with a couple of the nights being excellent. I found a server I liked and asked for him every night and my service was always excellent.

He would typically pace the meal depending on if I was in a hurry to get somewhere or not.

I have never been in December but have been the first of January a few times and once you are down there the weather is fantastic. Probably in the 80's range. The only bad thing about that time of year is the sea days down and back are not really conducive to laying by the pool. However to me it was worth it to get away from winter weather at home.

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Archived