Repeaters' reception

clintefla

I wonder if it depends on the HM? (Oddly enough, I received only one photo on my b2b and assumed I looked the same each time and thought nothing of it.)

Can't depend upon which HM in this case, ;) as it was Mr. Dirk Verhey van Wijk for both of our cruises and for both of yours. He disembarked (and started his retirement) this past Saturday.

On the Veendam last fall, the reception was at 11:30 am. I went by to check it out. You would have thought they were giving money away. I never saw such an unruly crowd of old farts (I'm one also) elbowing each other out to get in first. People were lined up more than 30 minutes in advance. Kind of like, "I'm a senior where's my d**m discount?" I was very disappointed that it was so early in the day and by the attitude of these "veteran" cruisers. They actually shoved each other around when the doors opened.

It was ugly.

We have never bothered to go to these parties. Apart from a bit of food (ya, we really starved on board) and a free drink, what is the attraction?

Maybe when we hit 100 days we might go. We have received our certificates and pins in our cabin.

Bodger

Archived