Oceana 19th April E407

Cappers

Good evening everyone, I am looking at this cruise for my *0th birthday. I've never been to any of the POC or sailed on Oceana. I'm not particularly fussed which ship I sail on, they are all beautiful in their own ways but I was wondering about the weather in that area at that time of year,,especially the dreaded BOB. I'm fairly ok with a bit of chop but my poor husband suffers terribly and it would definately spoil it for him if it was continually rough. I know there's no guarantees anywhere and I know it's spring and Spain at least will be pleasant! Has anybody done this itinerary or similar, or cruised in this general area around Aprilish?? Any info and anecdotes would be much appreciated:)

Good evening everyone, I am looking at this cruise for my *0th birthday. I've never been to any of the POC or sailed on Oceana. I'm not particularly fussed which ship I sail on, they are all beautiful in their own ways but I was wondering about the weather in that area at that time of year,,especially the dreaded BOB. I'm fairly ok with a bit of chop but my poor husband suffers terribly and it would definately spoil it for him if it was continually rough. I know there's no guarantees anywhere and I know it's spring and Spain at least will be pleasant! Has anybody done this itinerary or similar, or cruised in this general area around Aprilish?? Any info and anecdotes would be much appreciated:)

I was in the Azura last year and enjoyed it a lot.

My schedule was:

Cruise Schedule: Southampton, England (April 19) Cadiz, Spain (April 22 morning-early evening), Barcelona, Spain (April 24 morning-afternoon), Cannes, France (April 25 early morning, early evening), Civitavecchia (Rome ), Italy (April 26 early morning, early evening), Ajaccio, Corsica (April 27 morning-afternoon), Gibraltar, UK (April 29 early morning-early afternoon), La Coruna, Spain (01 May morning-afternoon), Southampton , England (03 May)

All locations are beautiful. In almost all cities (Barcelona, Cannes, La Coruna ...) you can enjoy Panoramic tours made ​​by local agencies, a cheap way to visit important sites in the town. In smaller cities, you can enjoy a wonderful ride .... One way or another you can enjoy your cruise the best way ....

Hi

We are booked on that cruise and I remember asking the same question when we booked. I think most people said that it would be hit and miss, like it is any time of the year with our weather! Some people had had wonderful calm weather - some hadn't.

Sorry, but I think you just have to wait and see ----

Congratulations on the 0th birthday --- I've just had one of those --- it wasn't too bad. ;)

• 2 months later...

We're on this one too, first ever cruise, heard BOB can be choppy so have stocked up on sickness tabs, ginger chews & wrist bands! If these don't work it'll have to be plenty of Red Wine & then I won't know any difference! Lets just hope its a great cruise & we all have a good time.

We're on this one too, first ever cruise, heard BOB can be choppy so have stocked up on sickness tabs, ginger chews & wrist bands! If these don't work it'll have to be plenty of Red Wine & then I won't know any difference! Lets just hope its a great cruise & we all have a good time.

Not sure if you've joined us on the roll call - we're off to buy the tablets and wristbands tomorrow. If all else fails we hit the white wine. See you there?:):confused:

Take meds your first night. They will send you to sleep. By the time you wake up you will across (nearly) the BOB and will wonder why you worried. We have had a couple of slighty bumpy rides ,but that is the worst. You tend to skirt round the edge, rather than go through.

We were on the last Oceana cruise and it was flat calm going out and a bit bumpy coming home.

If your husband suffers - maybe its worth him having the injection from the Hospital on board. I think that they inject Phenigan or something like it. He will feel sleepy for about 4 hours but afterwards will be as right as rain however rough it gets.

Not sure how much it costs on P&O - it was £80 on Celebrity last year and made a rough crossing very tolerable

Happy sailing!

Not sure if you've joined us on the roll call - we're off to buy the tablets and wristbands tomorrow. If all else fails we hit the white wine. See you there?:):confused:

Yes I'm on the roll call.

Maybe see you in the bar?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes I'm on the roll call.

Maybe see you in the bar?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just found out today that we are in the cabin next to you - spooky !

We'll probably see you in the bar too --- ;)

Can't wait - this time next week and we'll be bobbing along --- ;):D