Confused..Points System..Gold Status???

RMS95

ok, Im confused, our last cruise we had Gold Cards, and assumed we would this time. I know Carnival changed some things with all this last year. And now Im looking on their website and it says I am 6 points away from Gold status. Does this mean, no Gold card, no past guest party????:confused::confused::confused:

If your upcoming cruise is 6 days or longer, you will have gold cards when you board. On our last cruise they had changed us back to Red, and stated it was a"temporary" standing... Our fifth day of that cruise made us gold again, when we boarded, they had gold cards for us... And we got all the invites , etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ok, Im confused, our last cruise we had Gold Cards, and assumed we would this time. I know Carnival changed some things with all this last year. And now Im looking on their website and it says I am 6 points away from Gold status. Does this mean, no Gold card, no past guest party????:confused::confused::confused:

We had the same thing happen with the new tiers. Have to admit that it felt strange being handed a red card after having had gold for a couple of cruises but we should be back to gold in June.

Well our upcoming cruise is only 5 nights, so I think that makes us 1 day/night short of being Gold by their new terms. THis really sucks. We are used to being Gold and a part of the past guest party:mad:

Well our upcoming cruise is only 5 nights, so I think that makes us 1 day/night short of being Gold by their new terms. THis really sucks. We are used to being Gold and a part of the past guest party:mad:

The previous past guest parties were open to all past guests (anyone who sailed at least twice). I am really close to Platinum and would have been able to earn it this year, but with the points system, I won't make it until next year.

I will say that changing the reception has made some huge improvements! We were on the Dream last April at our first experience at a gold/platinum/diamond reception. It was much less crowded, so the service was greatly improved, they were serving full sized drinks instead of the baby sized drinks from before. Great decision on their part!

ok, so maybe we make it to the past guest party regardless of "points"?? That's good, but Im really gonna be sad if we don't have a gold card anymore:mad:

Since you are Red you don't get the Past Guest Party. Only Gold, Platinum and Diamond get it.

If my wife will be gold on the first leg of our B2B and I will be gold on the 2nd leg, will it say so on our check in/boarding passes? As of now, both still say Red. Should I contact Carnival about hers? I'm not worried about mine, since I know I get that on the 2nd leg. Just want to make sure she gets the perks she should be.

If my wife will be gold on the first leg of our B2B and I will be gold on the 2nd leg, will it say so on our check in/boarding passes? As of now, both still say Red. Should I contact Carnival about hers? I'm not worried about mine, since I know I get that on the 2nd leg. Just want to make sure she gets the perks she should be.

Yours should say Red. Hers should say Gold I would call Carnival. Good thing you caught that!

In November I was Platinum (and since my husband passed away with a heart attack in September) I had a paid for cruise and took a friend..she was Red .. this was her 2nd cruise.....but they told me that she could go to the past guest party with me....no problem at all:)

I will say that changing the reception has made some huge improvements! We were on the Dream last April at our first experience at a gold/platinum/diamond reception. It was much less crowded, so the service was greatly improved, they were serving full sized drinks instead of the baby sized drinks from before. Great decision on their part!

and the drinks just kept on comming. Hubby was quite tipsy at dinner that night and I did notice the dining room was a b it roudier that night!

Agree. You can also order what your want to drink from the servers, and they were quick about getting it to you. The hors d'oeuvre's were so much better also. They were trying to give us more drinks and more food before we even had a chance to taste ours. Personally, I liked the change.

If your upcoming cruise is 6 days or longer, you will have gold cards when you board. On our last cruise they had changed us back to Red, and stated it was a"temporary" standing... Our fifth day of that cruise made us gold again, when we boarded, they had gold cards for us... And we got all the invites , etc...

OK, so if my status currently says 4 points to gold, and I board for a 7 day cruise, I will get a gold card at check-in (along with the invites, etc) -- even though I won't technically be gold until day 5 of the 7 day cruise?

Sorry, this whole tier program is confusing. :confused:

Agree. You can also order what your want to drink from the servers, and they were quick about getting it to you. The hors d'oeuvre's were so much better also. They were trying to give us more drinks and more food before we even had a chance to taste ours. Personally, I liked the change.

I also liked that we could order what we wanted. I loved my Chocolate Mocha Getaway. I think I took something from the tray (whiskey sour, maybe) to tide me over till my CMG arrived.

OK, so if my status currently says 4 points to gold, and I board for a 7 day cruise, I will get a gold card at check-in (along with the invites, etc) -- even though I won't technically be gold until day 5 of the 7 day cruise?

Sorry, this whole tier program is confusing. :confused:

Yes, since you reach gold status part way through your cruise, you will receive your gold card at check-in.