Anyone used AmigoCars?

colesc15

In Aruba coming up, and considering renting a car from amigocars.com.. Has anyone done this before? It'll be our first time to Aruba and thought it would be nice to go wherever we wanted for the day for a decent price? Thoughts, concerns?

The last time we were in Aruba was ten years ago, but we rented a car and had a great time just poking around. Visited the light house, had lunch out on a remote beach, stopped at a grocery store, checked out some of the beaches. We will be back again in a few weeks and plan to do the same thing. It's an easy island to get around, and we pretty much circumnavigated the whole thing during our stop. We don't have quite as much time on this trip, but I enjoyed seeing so much of the island. Very, very, very easy.:cool:

We have rented cars numerous times, however I don't make any recommendations. There is no single rental company we have been able to find that is consistently reliable. :(

It did not matter whether it was a brand well known to those of us in the US or not. In Aruba they are all franchises. When we have had issues with these franchises and have contacted corporate here in the US the reply is always, "sorry we have no control over them."

Amigo is not your friend.

We reserved with them at AUA about 4 years ago. They took my Amex card and tried to deliver a jalopy (I mean I don't know if it was roadworthy). I refused it and they gave me some runaround about going downtown for a car and I just asked to cancel the transaction. They refused and I had to (honest!) call the police and the policeman had to ORDER them to refund my card.

Wow!