Inside cabin on Emerald, help C106 or A749

sonnenstrahl

I can't make up my mind.

I like the maybe little more space in C106 in the front of the Emerald.

I like A749, in the very back, have the one pool just one level above and there is a little deck very close by at this cabin. :confused:

I've wondered about cabins such as C106. It definitely does look bigger on the deck plans but it isn't listed as being any larger when you click on it. Is the cabin actually larger than the other inside cabins?

You will get more motion in C106 as it's in the bow of the ship. That may or may not be important to you.

If being right by the stern pool is a convenience that is important to you then go for the Aloha deck room. It's pretty much a personal choice but, if the Caribe deck room actually is larger that may be something that tips the scale.

Soooooooooooo........... Can anybody say definitively whether C106 is actually larger than a standard interior room?

Bill do you know that the cabin is bigger or do you guess. Why do you like the aft more than the front. I'm not very experienced with cruises, sorry about my silly question.

I looked at it when I was on the Emerald and it's the same size as the accessible staterooms.

I like to be aft because of easy access to the Terrace Pool on Riviera Deck, and: Horizon Terrace, Outrigger Bar, Cafe Caribe & Horizon Court on Lido Deck; plus the tiered aft decks above. Idealy, you would want to have an Inside room on Riviera (R744 or R745) where you can go outside through the door literally a few feet from your stateroom door - kind of like having the largest 'balcony' on the ship!

Edit: There is no "little deck" close to A749. The two areas that look like decks - far aft, port & starboard - are emergency/crew only stairwells. To get up to Riviera or Lido (and thus go outside), you will have to walk forward to the elevators/stairs, go up and then walk back (that's why I recommend an Inside on Riviera).

Edited by Bill B