YC Cabins on Divina

Danbee46

We are booked on the 3/15 sailing aboard the Divina. We chose our YC1 cabin, 16032, after examining the deck plans because it appeared that four cabins on deck 16 were more squared off with a slightly larger balcony. Have any of you seen the two configurations of a YC1 cabin? If so, can you describe the differences? Sometimes deck plans can be deceiving.

We are booked on the 3/15 sailing aboard the Divina. We chose our YC1 cabin, 16032, after examining the deck plans because it appeared that four cabins on deck 16 were more squared off with a slightly larger balcony. Have any of you seen the two configurations of a YC1 cabin? If so, can you describe the differences? Sometimes deck plans can be deceiving.

You have chosen well. as the cabins are in fact squarer , as you can see there is much more room beween the bed and the wall than a standard YC 1 cabin. ( see images below, IO could only get a quick view of teh cabin through the door as I walked past

I know inside views have been posted on earlier threads by Norwegiancruiser, so you could do a search for threads about cabins,

Also the balcony is bigger as well

Squarer YC1 cabin

P1030268.jpg

Standard YC 1 cabin

P1020616.jpg

Pete

I've found the thread with the pictures of a squarer cabin for you

link ----------- http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1897356

Here is a picture whioch shows the bigger balconies as well, these are the balconies on deck 15, the ones labelled 15029 and 15031 are the bigger ones, the others are the standard balconies. Yours will be the same

15031.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I think you are good to go. I wish we could have booked one of those rooms for next December but currently they aren't showing as available. And getting info from MSC USA is not easy. No one seems to be able to tell me if they are booked already or just not yet open for booking.

And the website doesnt help because the room we did book was not available when we first check the website.

Might try again to see what the deal is.

I dont really need the bigger balcony, well actually longer, but the added room depth would help with my kids having some room to play and spreadout. The longer balcony still appears to have only the same furniture as the smaller one and no real room to have a lounger. Is this correct?

All in all you should be thrilled with that cabin.

Well finally got my answer from MSC. The bigger cabins on 15 and 16 have a max capcity of 3!

Some of the deckplans seem to have the diamond symbol which is for 4.

It seems silly that the 8 YC1 bigger cabins dont hold 4.

Stick with my curreny tiny yc1 :(

I was lucky enough to 'score' cabin 15028 on the Divina for March 22. I booked back in July and all eight of the 'squarer' cabins were still available. The farther out you book, the better the chance of getting the bigger cabins. After reading this thread, I'm even more excited!

Hi

With Pete's (Skier52) help we booked cabin 15031 for the 4 October for 14 nights we have a total of 5 cabins booked in the YC but the rest are normal size.

Judith

This is the one we will be in on our March cruise. Looking forward to the extra space as we were in 15016 in December.

This is the one we will be in on our March cruise. Looking forward to the extra space as we were in 15016 in December.

I hope you enjoy your cruise will you be doing a review? Will you be visiting Falmouth on your cruise my OH wants to go to the Bob Marley house but MSC does not advertise it on there website. Just wondering if its available onboard.

Judith

I hope you enjoy your cruise will you be doing a review? Will you be visiting Falmouth on your cruise my OH wants to go to the Bob Marley house but MSC does not advertise it on there website. Just wondering if its available onboard.

Judith

Thanks Judith. We will be going to Falmouth. You might find info about tours for the Bob Marley house over on the Ports of Call board under Jamaica. Also, in the YC you can arrange for private tours but I understand they are pricey.

Just returned from Miami, having spent the last week in 16032.

It is a super room in a very prestigious position. There is very little foot traffic passing this room, and it is away from the main opening door to the 'outside world'.

There is no noise from above, and is, as discussed more practical in size and shape. There is a tremendous amount of space at the end of the bed. the balcony is that much longer as well.

We have travelled YC now on three occasions, but for the future we would only want one of these square shaped rooms.

Thanks Judith. We will be going to Falmouth. You might find info about tours for the Bob Marley house over on the Ports of Call board under Jamaica. Also, in the YC you can arrange for private tours but I understand they are pricey.

Thanks I will have a look there.

Judith

We sailed on the Divina last year in Europe in Cabin 16032. You will be very pleased! Definitely bigger than the other cabins on Deck 16. Yacht Club is the way to go! We liked it so much - we booked Divina Yacht Club for Sep 14in the Caribbean. Please post reviews of the ports and excursions from your trip.