Change to flight times!

Anyone who booked early last year for Summer 2014 may want to have a quick check of their flight times. We booked in May 2013 for a back to back on Majesty sailing 25th July. We fly out of Bristol and when we booked your outbound flight was 13.00pm and our return flight was early evening. I went to check the latest prices today and was stunned to see our outbound flight had been moved to 5.30am, a night flight as it's before 6.00am, while our inbound flight was now 10.40am. Working both these times back to allow travel and check in and they are now quite anti social and not at all what I had originally booked:( I would not have even considered a flight that meant I would need to be at the airport at 3.30am.

Hi Jo

I sympathise with you!

We booked our New Year Holiday to Madeira a year ago and the flight out was 11.30am from Gatwick - great we thought, as we have a 2 hour coach trip from Oxford. Then we got a letter to say it was now 8.30am meaning we would have to leave home at 3.45am. Eventually, the tickets came and now the flight was 9.35 am :rolleyes::rolleyes: A bit better, but still necessitating getting up at 4am. What is going on with these flights? :(

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Majesty though. I hope so, as I think I recommended it to you ;):eek:

Nobody been reading my saga on Cruise Deals thread since Friday?:eek::)

Hi, no I hadn't read this thread as I've never dealt with Cruise Deals so didn't read further than the opening page. I feel for you too. Our change won't involve an additional overnight stay, there seems little point when we need to be at the airport for 3.30am!

However I consider a change from a day to night flight a major change, sadly it doesn't meet Thomsons criteria of 12 hours or more, what a cop out! We haven't been told either, so it'll be interesting to see if we do hear or just get to see when our tickets arrive.

Anyone who booked early last year for Summer 2014 may want to have a quick check of their flight times. We booked in May 2013 for a back to back on Majesty sailing 25th July. We fly out of Bristol and when we booked your outbound flight was 13.00pm and our return flight was early evening. I went to check the latest prices today and was stunned to see our outbound flight had been moved to 5.30am, a night flight as it's before 6.00am, while our inbound flight was now 10.40am. Working both these times back to allow travel and check in and they are now quite anti social and not at all what I had originally booked:( I would not have even considered a flight that meant I would need to be at the airport at 3.30am.

Hi Joe,

Happened to us a couple of times.Changed from a later flight to a red eye flight but its suited us

I reckon the reason its showing 5-30am is because they dont have a scooby what time it will be departing just yet and gearing you for an early start also thought the first flight out of all if not most airports was 6-00am,certainly is for Edinburgh.

Anyway,did a bit of digging and checked Bristol airport flight schedule and Thomson flight schedule as it stands at the moment and it shows the flight(possibly and probably yours) from the EM-Corfu scheduled to depart at 6-05 am and return flight departing Corfu at 12-15 pm

We haven't been told either, so it'll be interesting to see if we do hear or just get to see when our tickets arrive.

In our experience....You might,you might not and you may only find out once your tickets arrive

Hi Jo

I sympathise with you!

We booked our New Year Holiday to Madeira a year ago and the flight out was 11.30am from Gatwick - great we thought, as we have a 2 hour coach trip from Oxford. Then we got a letter to say it was now 8.30am meaning we would have to leave home at 3.45am. Eventually, the tickets came and now the flight was 9.35 am :rolleyes::rolleyes: A bit better, but still necessitating getting up at 4am. What is going on with these flights? :(

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Majesty though. I hope so, as I think I recommended it to you ;):eek:

Thanks Linda, I'm sure we will enjoy Majesty, the itinerary looks amazing. I just don't think we'll make the sail away party now though, with such an early start!

Thanks for the info Jim, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if things change any further. :confused:

Me too!

We fly from Doncaster on 2 May 2014 to join the Majesty for Adriatic Explorer.

Our outbound flight was originally 7am but we recently had an email advising us that our flight has now been changed to 14.10, arriving at Corfu at 19.25 -which means we won't be onboard till after the lifeboat drill- so that's one plus point!

I was going to book into the airport hotel for the night before but that won't be necessary now!

The return flight has also been changed to 20.25 so at least we get a full day in resort on the last day (we are on cruise and stay).

The brochure says flight times are for guidance only and cannot be guaranteed- the brochures are printed so far ahead

Flopsy

Me too!

Our outbound flight was originally 7am but we recently had an email advising us that our flight has now been changed to 14.10, arriving at Corfu at 19.25 -which means we won't be onboard till after the lifeboat drill- so that's one plus point!

I was going to book into the airport hotel for the night before but that won't be necessary now!

The return flight has also been changed to 20.25 so at least we get a full day in resort on the last day (we are on cruise and stay).

The brochure says flight times are for guidance only and cannot be guaranteed- the brochures are printed so far ahead

Flopsy

Sorry, Flopsy, you will still have to do the lifeboat drill. We did it at about 9.30 in the Disco on Majesty and had to go without eating our pudding! :eek:

And they tick your names off a list to make sure you do attend!

Hi Jakanne

Yes I realise we will have to do something to aquaint ourselves with the emergency procedure- I just anticipated that it would not involve donning the lifejackets and standing out on deck for ages!

So what happens in the disco- do you have to take the lifejackets and put them on?

No pudding! Now you've really upset me ha ha.

Flopsy

Edited by Flopsy

Hi Jakanne

Yes I realise we will have to do something to aquaint ourselves with the emergency procedure- I just anticipated that it would not involve donning the lifejackets and standing out on deck for ages!

So what happens in the disco- do you have to take the lifejackets and put them on?

No pudding! Now you've really upset me ha ha.

Flopsy

We just had a quick demonstration on how to fasten both types of life jacket and the person doing it read out a lot of regulations quickly. Things like no kettles, irons in cabins, no running on deck or corridors, etc. There was no getting into lines and having your photo taken like you do on deck.

We got our pudding upstairs in the self service restaurant and we tried a few different ones. We were starving!! :)

Me too!

Flopsy

Looks like they've switched our flights Flopsy, the ones you've been given were our original ones whilst the ones we've got now appear to have been yours:) Wonder what Thomsons are playing at:confused: I like to be organised with regards travel/transport arrangements to & from the airport, but am reluctant to commit just yet in case they change again!