the pearl

La Princesa

hello! I wanted to get any feedback on the main dining rooms. Do they serve the same menu on both at the same time? We are a party of 12 and I am trying to plan ahead. What are the differences?

You can see the differences by comparing the menus:

Aft MDR: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/mdr_t_classic.pdf

Midship MDR: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/mdr_a_classic.pdf

That is one side of the menu that is always the same. The daily changing side of the menu is the same in both MDRs.

ETA: The food to both MDRs comes from the same galley that is located right between the MDRs. Otherwise the preference can be the dress code (aft MDR is a bit more formal) and because of the high ceiling the aft MDR is a bit more quiet than the midship MDR which can get quite loud at times.

Edited by Demonyte

hello! I wanted to get any feedback on the main dining rooms. Do they serve the same menu on both at the same time? We are a party of 12 and I am trying to plan ahead. What are the differences?

Just got off the Pearl this past Sunday.

In Summer Palace they serve NY Strip every night and in Indigo they serve Ribeye every night. The Lobster (which comes with NY Strip I believe, I just asked for 2 Lobster tails instead of the steak) is served in both Dining rooms on the same night (usually the day that you embark). Prime Rib was only in Summer Palace on Thursday night.

The left side of the Starter/Entree menu does NOT change from day to day, only the right side. As far as the dessert menu, the first 3 desserts change daily but everything from the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake (which is so amazing I can't put it into words lol) down, stays the same every night.

Make sure to make reservations to the dining rooms, as they get really crowded (you can make reservations for a party of 10 or more). The service while I was on board was excellent, but I will say a bit on the slow side, so take that into consideration when planning your evening, as one night we missed the show because we spent about 2.5-3 hours in Indigo. We caught a

later show and the staff was fantastic, so no harm done ��

Also, Summer Palace is open for lunch on embarkation day and is usually not crowded because most people don't know about it. It's nice to eat there (especially with a big group) instead of fighting the crowds at the buffet. They will also give you a preview of the dinner menu if you ask ��

Happy Cruising! Let me know if I can give you any more info. I have a thread titled "just got off the pearl" incase you want to check that out too.

Edited by ParrotGurl

Dinner menu is also always displayed outside MDRs all day long.

Yes, but only after breakfast or lunch is over, not while they are being served. So if you eat breakfast or lunch there you have to ask for the dinner menu inside.