Buying Wine In NOLA near Staybridge

marshhawk

My friends and my DH and I are coming into NOLA. We are first timers (well DH and the friend had been, but us, the spouses are arriving for the first time. I don't drink anymore, but my friends do, and they want to buy wine when we get in NOLA to bring on the ship. We, the DH and I, are carrying on one wine bottle each for them.

So here goes

Is bottled wine sold on Sunday?

Is it a liquer store sale or a grocery store sale?

(in Atlanta you can buy wine at the pharmacy, so I just don't know)

We leave tomorrow, so HELP please!!!

Which staybridge?

If it's the one on Tchoupitoulas (chop-a-tou-las), then there is a store to get wine on Canal near there. There is also a Rouses grocery store in the Quarter at Royal and St. Peter.

If they don't sell on sundays (I think they do though), you can always head there before boarding, it should not be a big time waster.

Thanks for staying with me on this, we have FTTF, and are getting on early, and they didn't get it and are getting on later, so I am hoping they sell on Sunday. Don't flame me for leaving the newbies behind, with my DH having cancer and 7 surgeries this year, it is easier to get on early, and I asked them many times to add it, they just didn't.

Alcohol is sold in New Orleans 24/7, so that's not a problem.

If you don't mind doing a little walking, there is a Rouse's Supermarket at 701 Baronne Street, about six blocks from your hotel. Good selection and good prices.

If time is a problem, there is a convenience store at the corner of Julia Street and Convention Center Boulevard. Small selection and a good bit more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

There are not any liquor stores real close to the terminal.

If you are taking a taxi your best bet would be to have the cab driver stop somewhere.

Otherwise, put it in your checked bag for the flight and then transfer it to your carry on before you turn your bag over to the porters.

There are not any liquor stores real close to the terminal.

If you are taking a taxi your best bet would be to have the cab driver stop somewhere.

Otherwise, put it in your checked bag for the flight and then transfer it to your carry on before you turn your bag over to the porters.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I want to risk it in our checked baggage. Depending on time I might just bite the bullet and pick some up on board.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 weeks later...
The closest place to the cruise terminal that sells alcohol is the convenience store on Convention Center Boulevard at Julia Street.

Not cheap, but better than what you will pay on the ship.

For anyone who stumbles on this topic later, a few blocks up from there at 610 Tchopitoulas is WINO, which is a wine bar, but also sells bottles. Much closer than the Rouses in the French Quarter, and a much better selection (and probably better priced) than the convenience store at Julia & Convention Center Blvd.