Solo cruising

LBroxon

Aren't the married solo cruisers afraid others might think you are promiscuous? :eek:

I'm a single solo cruiser and I would be highly offended if anyone thought I was promiscuous. It IS possible to go on a vacation and NOT hook up.

(In all fairness, many of my non-cruising friends refuse to believe that I've never met anyone, other than as friends, on a cruise. I'm not sure why people think that.)

I'm excited, most of the single no supplement rooms offered by Carnival have always been for inside and OV cabins and today I see that they are offering inside AND balcony rooms on the Dream reposition cruise. I upgraded to a cove balcony room from my OV room and got $852 in OBC in the process!!

I love cruising solo and as an old married lady that has spent the last 37 years with the most awesome guy I can assure you there is NO hanky panky going on with me nor do I expect that any of my friends think that there is. The only hearts I break are those of the guys that I womp on while playing trivia on the ship :)

I have checked twice now trying to find a cruise with the Single Supplement Sale. Both cruises I have checked out of Galveston from Carnival's single supplement listed on their website, the price is exactly double fopr a solo cruiser. I had been checking on Jan 23rd it is $618 solo & $618 for 2. Just now try the only cruise offer from Galveston and it is $658 for a solo, and when I do a mock booking with 2 people it comes up to $658... :mad:

Where is the SALE???

I just booked the Triumph 5-nighter on April 26 with no solo-supplement. Got the "inside" 1A cabin #2445 that has the two oceanview windows. Can't wait!

I'm considering taking a solo cruise in a couple of weeks. I've never done this before, but the price is right and it sound relaxing. My husband thinks that solo cruising is weird and thinks no one does it. Honestly, I would be content sitting on deck with a book. Plus, the cruise goes to HMC, which is a huge perk, IMO. Has anyone here done solo cruising with Carnival? Any advice about solo cruising?

I've taken 25 cruises and only shared a cabin twice. Even if you subtract out the 14 cruises where I knew someone on the ship, I have still taken eleven cruises solo without knowing anyone on the ship. Five of the eleven have been on Carnival.

I always try to book a large table with the hopes of getting a lot of people to talk to. Of course you can always go to one of the bars, order a drink and strike up a conversation with the person next to you. One time I even approached one of the passengers on the beach (I knew it was a fellow passenger because she was sitting on a ship towel).

I'm considering taking a solo cruise in a couple of weeks. I've never done this before, but the price is right and it sound relaxing. My husband thinks that solo cruising is weird and thinks no one does it. Honestly, I would be content sitting on deck with a book. Plus, the cruise goes to HMC, which is a huge perk, IMO. Has anyone here done solo cruising with Carnival? Any advice about solo cruising?

I love solo cruising. Room in the cabin, your own schedule, and a chance to meet new friends.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod