Luggage valet program

moorerf

I am not sure if this is the correct name but i heard that princess provides a service whereby...you sign up on board by mid week, they then will print your boarding pass and take your luggage from your stateroom the night before to the airport and you will next see it at your final destination. Does anyone know if they still operate such a program and what the cost is??? Thanks

I checked it out from Ottawa Canada, it was going to cost around $250.00 for a single bag up to 50lbs each way if I remember rightly.

If I had money to blow I might go for it just for the convenience but its a bit steep.

thanks, i am interested in EZ check....luggage valet is a completely different program and much more expensive. i thought this would make disembarkation easy as i am traveling with my 83 year old mother. she is flying at 125 on southwest and i am flying at 1255 on usairways. this would simplify the airport process. also she will be using a wheelchair for disembarkation and then we plan to taxi to the airport so this program would make that much easier also.

It is a great service. The cost is $20.00 or $25.00 for firstbag. It is not available at every disembark or with every airline. the ship will have info as to what airlines they can arrange. Also your flight time has a bearing on availability.

It is a great service. The cost is $20.00 or $25.00 for firstbag. It is not available at every disembark or with every airline. the ship will have info as to what airlines they can arrange. Also your flight time has a bearing on availability.
EZ Check has nothing to do with the # of bags. You pay $20/pp for the service (plus any applicable airline luggage fees): check-in, print your boarding pass and airline luggage tag, and truck your bag(s) to the airport. When you arrive, all you have to do is go to Security.

The major US airlines participate in Ft. Lauderdale. Your final flight destination must be within the US. I bring an extra copy of my flight confirmation to hand in with the form requesting EZ Check. I would suggest getting your form in as soon as you can after you receive it. I'm not sure if there's a limit but I don't like to take that chance.

One thing to be aware of is that you need patience. Princess can't check you in until 24 hours before your flight so you may not receive your boarding pass and airline luggage tag until just before or after dinner.

It sounds great but how does it work with the airline baggage fees? In other words, how does the airline get their baggage fees?

Princess charges your onboard account with the appropriate airline baggage fees in addition to the $20/person EZCheck charge.

Of course, Southwest does not charge for the first two bags and Jet Blue does not charge for the first bag. If you are on another airline and have a status by which you should not be charged (frequent flier level, flying 1st class, etc.) indicate this in a very noticeable way on the EZCheck request form. If Princess does not realize you should not be charged, you may get charged and it is difficult to recover the improper charge after the flights. Princess will say they just did what the airline said to and the airline will say Princess charged you when they should not have.

EZ Check has nothing to do with the # of bags. You pay $20/pp for the service (plus any applicable airline luggage fees): check-in, print your boarding pass and airline luggage tag, and truck your bag(s) to the airport. When you arrive, all you have to do is go to Security.

The major US airlines participate in Ft. Lauderdale. Your final flight destination must be within the US. I bring an extra copy of my flight confirmation to hand in with the form requesting EZ Check. I would suggest getting your form in as soon as you can after you receive it. I'm not sure if there's a limit but I don't like to take that chance.

One thing to be aware of is that you need patience. Princess can't check you in until 24 hours before your flight so you may not receive your boarding pass and airline luggage tag until just before or after dinner.

thanks pam, you always have the correct info and all the details. this sounds great and esp for mom and i...i will print the extra copies of flight info and try to get started on this soon after boarding...this will make disembarkation so much easier and the airport easier as we are using two different airlines...(usairways and southwest). kudos