Canadian Cancelling and Rebooking

AlbertaCruisers

So, we booked the Celebrity Eclipse for March 2015 when we were onboard the Eclipse last April. Right now we have the drink package already but we are booked in US funds (was always doing this because of the TA I was working with and the dollar was fine so it was not an issue). Now, the Canadian dollar has gone down a lot and people are talking about it getting a lot worse by the end of the year. We can get good CDN pricing right now on the same cruise. I would like to cancel and rebook in CDN next week when we are on the Summit so we don't have to worry about the dollar fluctuating. Anyone know of any issue with that?

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Sue

Call your TA.

If you booked on board you probably used a future cruise booking. If you cancel you will lose your deposit. You will have to tranfer it to another cruise.

When on board you should also talk to future crusie host about it.

🌴🍻🍸

It was a reserved passage, ie we booked the specific cruise back in April 2013. We previously did the same thing and were able to cancel and get our deposit back. Anyone know if that has changed and when? It looks like the new a open passage is none refundable for sure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we booked the Celebrity Eclipse for March 2015 when we were onboard the Eclipse last April. Right now we have the drink package already but we are booked in US funds (was always doing this because of the TA I was working with and the dollar was fine so it was not an issue). Now, the Canadian dollar has gone down a lot and people are talking about it getting a lot worse by the end of the year. We can get good CDN pricing right now on the same cruise. I would like to cancel and rebook in CDN next week when we are on the Summit so we don't have to worry about the dollar fluctuating. Anyone know of any issue with that?

Sue

If the prices are relatively the same, I would definitely rebook, especially since you can rebook with the drink package. We booked our Alaskan cruise last march, and I didn't even think about usd vrs cad because we had been at par for so long. It's too late for us to transfer our cruise to Canadian, the prices have gone up for the cruise about $2600 for our stateroom and about $1000 for the kids. Because of the exchange we are about $1600 extra and I am feeling stress trying to pay it off ASAP! When I checked, they would have rebooked to Canadian currency but they would use current stateroom prices. Until we pay for this cruise in full, my new favourite past time is to check the exchange rates! Lesson learned, I do not like gambling!!

If the prices are relatively the same, I would definitely rebook, especially since you can rebook with the drink package. We booked our Alaskan cruise last march, and I didn't even think about usd vrs cad because we had been at par for so long. It's too late for us to transfer our cruise to Canadian, the prices have gone up for the cruise about $2600 for our stateroom and about $1000 for the kids. Because of the exchange we are about $1600 extra and I am feeling stress trying to pay it off ASAP! When I checked, they would have rebooked to Canadian currency but they would use current stateroom prices. Until we pay for this cruise in full, my new favourite past time is to check the exchange rates! Lesson learned, I do not like gambling!!

I know, I got lazy with this as our dollar has been so good. Are you hearing the same thing that the CDN dollar is just going to get worse?

I know, I got lazy with this as our dollar has been so good. Are you hearing the same thing that the CDN dollar is just going to get worse?

I have heard that it will fall a little more, maybe to the 1.12 area. Although no one can project for sure, it's not something I want to gamble with. It could have gone the other way, and we would have been happy. I would rather just pay it off and forget it. I had booked a second cruise (which we are taking in march 2014) which I booked after the Alaskan cruise, and that one I did book in Canadian. Going forward I will always book in Canadian and forget about it!!

Of course as I write, our dollar is getting just a little bit better (yes there's an app for that!)

Sorry, I have no idea?? My first celebrity cruise is in march. I would suggest you call celebrity directly.

Yes, I called Captain's club this morning, they confirmed:

1. You can book a reserved passage on board in CDN funds - just make sure to make that clear when booking (the form for open passage had an option to choose Canadian funds, so I thought it would be the same for a reserved passage, but I wanted to be sure); and

2. My $200 deposit from my old reserved passage is fully refundable.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.

Sue

Sue

We cancelled a cruise that we booked on the Silhouette last year. No problems getting our deposit returned.