Adding third person???

jebl

DH and I are booked in an Accessible OV on the Freedom for Apr '14. The room holds 2 according to the chart on the RCI web site.

Now DH's adult son would like to join us. Can we get a roll away for that room?

Do they even have roll aways on the ships?

Anyone have any experience with this.

There are no other accessible rooms available for this sailing. And a JS won't work as it has a tub and DH cannot use a tub.

Adding a third adult to a room is subject to two things - having a room that is designated for three with a sofa bed or a Pullman bed to accommodate them, and the ship having total booking capacity available at the time to accommodate them. (Total passenger capacity is based on total lifeboat capacity and even though a room may be designated to hold more than two, once the total ship capacity is reached, they cannot add more to that room).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

DH and I are booked in an Accessible OV on the Freedom for Apr '14. The room holds 2 according to the chart on the RCI web site.

There are no other accessible rooms available for this sailing. And a JS won't work as it has a tub and DH cannot use a tub.

Since the cabin is not designed for 3 people and especially that it's an Accessible cabin RCCL will NOT allow a roll-away. Placing a roll-away bed poses a safety hazard by blocking the floor space to needed to use mobility aids such as a walker, wheelchair or scooter which I assume is one of the reasons you booked the cabin to in the first place.

Edited by xxoocruiser

No roll-aways on ships because of safety reasons. You'll need a cabin that has at least 3 berths. Maybe adult son can bring friend and get a separate cabin near you and you won't have to give up accessible cabin~

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No roll-aways on ships because of safety reasons. You'll need a cabin that has at least 3 berths. Maybe adult son can bring friend and get a separate cabin near you and you won't have to give up accessible cabin~

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ships do have rollaways but they are typically used in suites that have the additional floorspace.

To the OP, I would call the cruise line and see if you would be allowed to add a rollaway to a cabin that is designated for two people. I would expect the answer to be no because of lifeboat capacity that is designated for that cabin.