First Cruise - Nachi Cocom

J_Viggy

Hi!

I'm considering booking a day at Nachi Cocum when we are in Cozumel in April. This is our first cruise (for me, my husband and daughter age 5). I've read good things about this beach. Do you all agree its a good choice?

How long/how much is a taxi ride there? Will we want snorkeling equipment you think? Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!!

Hi!

I'm considering booking a day at Nachi Cocum when we are in Cozumel in April. This is our first cruise (for me, my husband and daughter age 5). I've read good things about this beach. Do you all agree its a good choice?

How long/how much is a taxi ride there? Will we want snorkeling equipment you think? Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!!

Taxi ride is about 15 min and should cost about $16-17+tip each way for up to 4 in a cab. Nice beach and small pool with great service and food/drinks. I would bring some sand toys for your 5-year old.

There is not much in the way of snorkeling from the beach at Nachi - or any place with a nice sandy beach and any sort of wave action (unless you like looking at sand in cloudy water :p); you might see a few fish hanging around the pier. The snorkel tour from there ($35 each) includes gear and will take you to a couple of stops at the reef with lots to see, but is probably not appropriate for your little one.

We were there 2wks ago. My adult daughter and her boyfriend did a little shore snorkeling and saw a few fish. They would take u out to Palancar Reef for $30 I think I overheard. Cab fare was $17 up to 4 people. I think Nachi more geared for adults. There are a couple places closer to town more kid minded. Beach was nice. Had Mexican beers in cans/bottles (had Corona, Dos Equis). Mixed drinks ok, nothing to rave about. I had a margarita or two and make better @ home. Same with guacamole.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were there two years ago, and my husband rented snorkel equipment -- not the excursion that takes you out to a reef in a boat, just the snorkel and fins and goggles. I don't remember the exact price, but it was relatively cheap -- I'm thinking probably $10-15? He found a small reef with TONS of fish inside the roped off area where you're allowed to swim, and he spent almost literally the entire day out there, floating around and exploring it. The few times he let me use the gear while he took a break, I was able to swim down among the fish, with them going right past my goggles in front of me. For someone who hasn't done much snorkeling (only two other previous excursions on other islands), it was pretty incredible. Now this was two years ago, so I don't know if that area is still like that, but we're booked to go back in May... and my husband has his own equipment this time. :cool:

I was there 3 weeks ago. It was LITERALLY the best, most amazing and tranquil day by far. It absolutely blew everything else we did away.

We took our snorkel stuff but really didn't see much. People we sat next to rented snorkel gear and went out with a man who works there and said they saw a ton of stuff. Our taxi was like 15-20 minutes.

If you go, I highly, highly recommend Carlos. He was INCREDIBLE.

Hi!

Thanks!!

Take some milk bone dog biscuits and the fish will come to you! We love Nachi Cocom.