Kings Wharf to Hamilton

Bmorecruiser021

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to see if it will be possible for me and my family to do a little shopping while in Bermuda this June. Our Ship is only docked for one day, from 8am to 4pm, and we are doing an excursion from 8 to 1:30pm.

Is 2 1/2 hour enough time to make it to Front street from King's Wharf, shop, and back again?

Would you recommend a ferry or taxi?

Cost and time of both?

Thanks for any and all help you could give:)

It really isn't practical...you don't have that much time (you have to be back on your ship at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure, so you only have 2 hours maximum), and is even less so if you happen to be in Bermuda on a Saturday or Sunday when there is reduced ferry service. (On Sunday few stores in Hamilton are open anyway.)

A taxi wouldn't help...the ride would take almost an hour each way, and would probably cost about $50 in each direction to boot.

Many of the stores located in Hamilton also have small branches in the Clocktower Mall (right in the Royal Naval Dockyard where your ship will be berthed) and there are a number of other stores and vendors also located in the Dockyard.

Due to the time constraints I'd just do my shopping in the Dockyard stores, not in Hamilton.

Edited by njhorseman