Playa Mia Beach Park

luv_to_cruz2

Hi everyone. We are leaving this coming Sunday on Carnival Magic and visiting Cozumel on the Friday.

Has anyone had any experiences in going to Playa Mia. We have a 6 yr old and we think he would love the beach and waterslides etc.

We are also curious about what would the cost be to take a taxi and just pay there instead of paying the Carnival price to go?

We are very comfortable in Cozumel (been 4 times).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We just returned from our cruise last week and went to Playa Mia at our Cozumel stop. We LOVED it. We had a 4 year old with us and it was perfect for him. I'm pregnant, but since we went through the website instead of Carnival we were able to order the AI package for DH and then just the beach passes for DS and I. The taxis are $16 set rate each way and the ride is less than 10 minutes. There were at least a dozen taxis waiting for us when we were ready to go. The cruise ship group came an hour after us and left 45 minutes before us so I would definitely go on your own.

It was very clean and well maintained. The kid's area had probably 15 different little slides and play structures which my son loved. There are two big waterslides which we never used. There is also a pool with a hydrotherapy tub (didn't call it a hot tub, and it wasn't hot, just warm) in the middle and another pool with a swim up bar. The bar was not open and no one was in that pool for some reason. There is a cute playground on the beach as well as a covered kid's area with toys. There were plenty of beach toys laid out as well, and some hammocks. It was fairly cool and very breezy the day we went, but the inflatable water toys were open, although the kayaks and sailboats were not. We did not try the water toys.

The chairs on the beach were never more than a 1/3 full the whole time. My DH was happy with the buffet...DS and I ordered off the menu. Next time, I would just pay for the middle package which included the buffet as the regular menu was pricey and I don't think the food was significantly better.

Here are some pics!

24308_10153758498250578_1683823644_n.jpg

This is the playground area...

12109_10153758497990578_420013866_n.jpg

The food area

999937_10153758493990578_1587501954_n.jpg

Kid's water area

1526872_10153758493290578_1693042059_n.jpg

The beach

1613847_10153758493050578_935769743_n.jpg

Pool with kid's area in the background

Meant to say as well, the drinks my DH said were very strong and plentiful. There were at least 4 places you could order drinks from depending on where you were. There were a few small shops if you were interested in shopping as well.

I loved Playa Mia also. Drinks were plentiful, strong and readily available with several bars and attentive beach service. Bathrooms were very clean with someone constantly sweeping out the sand people track in. Be sure to bring water shoes because the beach does have rocks you can't see from the surface. Also the water toys are quite a far swim out for small kids but they do have to use a life vest and there is a nice new pool geared towards kids. Also the snorkeling attractions (underwater statues) are past the water toys so we didn't do it.

Thumbs up from me also!

Although my visit there was way back in Oct 2009, it seems that per recent reviews that people's experience there is consistent.

We took our tour there through Carnival, as it was more convenient for us, two ladies who just wanted an All inclusive, transportation, food, drink and chairs/umbrella on the beach kind of day.

I see how it can work out cheaper if you are willing to do your own taxi there and back, but for us the price back then worked for us convenience wise.

Drinks were, as others say, strong enough, and then some:D. And the food was not bad. it has been a few years, but I remember chicken and fish, salads, pico de gallo, beans, tortilla chips and guacamole. There was more, but after 4 years that is what was good and memorable for me.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy Cozumel.:)