Carnival Conquest January 19-26th Exotic Eastern Caribbean Review, pictures and all!

lisajm

We stopped by the theater to watch the Diva's show after dinner. There were some technical difficulties with some of the equipment and the show was put on hold. We really didn't feel like staying.

We strolled the shops. Carolyn won a gift bag worth $100.00!

DSCN0451_zpsa6c83b48.jpg

After that, we decided to go back to the cabin, and get ready for bed. It had been a very short night, and a very long day.

Now I believe, I mentioned that we are all labor and delivery nurses, right?

Bet you can't guess what our first towel animal was?

DSCN0452_zps82dc1a0f.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

I don't know any of you, but i seriously laughed out lound - alone in my office when i saw this - absolutely precious!

leave on conquest on the 16th :-)

thanks for sharing

Hello! I am looking forward to seeing your take on our cruise! You certainly do have a way with words! Enjoying every minute as much as being on board!

GrummanTiger aka Colleen

Hi Colleen! We made it back to Indiana to bitter cold.:(

Day 2 Nassau

Who needs an alarm clock on a cruise? Not me. Nassau was an early port 7:00 am! We ordered coffee for 6:00 am as a wake up call. The ladies were getting all set for the day. I downed 2 cups threw on my bathing suit and coverup and headed to the Lido deck for some early morning pictures.

DSC_0636_zpsda1fb0b6.jpg

This was the view! Not quite a sunrise, but a pretty picture I think.

DSC_0638_zpsaa4cbc9f.jpg

Nassau, early morning

DSCN0456_zpsaaa2fc07.jpg

DSCN0457_zps03b08440.jpg

The Disney Dream was docked next to us. Pretty Impressive!

However did I really need to listen to Disney tunes @ 6:30 am, with only 2 cups of coffee on board? I think not.

By this time my cabin mates joined me on deck, we headed for the Lido buffet for some sustenance.

Edited by lisajm
pictures didn't load at first

Been on Conquest and her sister ships. Did you get lost getting to the dining room sometimes? We did.

Yes we did Gingee! Weird because I sailed on the Valor and the Triumph and never had that issue. One night I had to run back to the cabin and felt like I was in the Twilight zone, took me forever to get back

Am enjoying reading your trip report as we cruise on the Conquest in October.

Being a nurse I laughed at the V towel comment :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report

Thanks Vdarrel.

Ran into many nurses on our cruise. Always nice to compare notes

Very nice start to your review..... I hear ya about this awful Midwestern winter. It sucks. We are neighbors. We are from northern Illinois

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Wrigley. I am a die hard cubs fan, too! Been a few years since i visited the friendly, confines, though.

We were in port with you guys last week in San Juan, I was on the Independence of the Seas. I'll be following along, thanks for posting! :D

Here's you guys coming into port:

232323232%7Ffp43836%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D39457463%3C3326nu0mrj

And later in the day:

232323232%7Ffp437%3C%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394574485%3A326nu0mrj

Thanks Grady, more info to follow regarding San Juan!

DSCN0474_zps56552510.jpg

I took this photo for DH. He is an electrician and if he saw this would probably have a stroke! This was a utility pole connected to many other utility poles.

First stop in Nassau, The Straw Market

DSCN0475_zps16a90273.jpg

This was not my idea of a good time. Stall after stall of the same items, with vendors cloying to get you to buy their wares. A polite, "no thank you" resulted in hostility.

I felt a little claustrophobic here, so waited for Karen and Carolyn to complete their purchases.

Photo Ops @ Senor Frogs

DSCN0477_zps316be116.jpg

DSCN0478_zps41d3bc71.jpg

DSCN0480_zpsc089c4b6.jpg

We turned the block and did a little shopping. Totally in tourist mode we got the "free" Diamonds International charm bracelet, and purchased a $5 charm. Not really a bad deal because, then we collected free charms throughout the rest of the cruise.

DSCN0484_zpsdc8cc3f9.jpg

This police officer was adeptly managing traffic in uniform. In the US this would be a dress uniform!

DSCN0485_zps331b3975.jpg

Urban Artwork

DSCN0486_zpsdcd54789.jpg

When in the Caribbean, you find a pirate!

Our shopping quota met for the day, we decided to stroll to Junkanoo Beach.

DSCN0492_zps4e0e953b.jpg

View of The Conquest, The Dream, and The Allure of the Seas from Junkanoo Beach

DSCN0494_zps58a53598.jpg

Now who is the grown-ass woman?

DSCN0496_zpsab47dda0.jpg

Love this picture. This man and his son in Speedos!

DSCN0506_zps88ea4395.jpg

BEFORE we actually stepped on beach we stopped in @ Fat Tuesday's for some libation.

DSCN0509_zps0e41e823.jpg

Now just because you are on vacation doesn't mean that you don't have to follow rules! Especially these kind of rules:D

DSCN0510_zps0558e782.jpg

Too bad politicos can't come up with a slogan like this!

Now comes to one of my fondest memories of this cruise.

DSCN0497_zps0a34917f.jpg

This gentleman's name is Shaquille. He was our server at Fat Tuesday. I noticed he had a very nice guitar pendant. I asked him if he was a musician. He told me that he was a singer/songwriter.

When he served our beverages, I asked if he would mind singing for me. His answer was this, "Only if I can sing my own music. Then I would be delighted to sing for you."

Well ladies, sing he did. He had a beautiful voice ( think Bruno Mars or Jason Mraz). I felt very special being serenaded.

So if you visit Fat Tuesday, look him up. And perhaps he will sing for you, as well.

DSCN0498_zps8b5b6abf.jpg

Carolyn, sitting on the dock of the bay.

DSCN0499_zps5f158849.jpg

Karen joined her.

DSCN0504_zpsc40ede7b.jpg

Carolyn, testing the waters.

The weather that day, was around 78 degrees, but the water temp was a little too cold to swim.

We decided to head back to the Conquest.

Then we remembered to see about getting out passports stamped.

We found the US Embassy and had a very nice conversation with the security guard. We asked him about getting a stamp. He replied, "You can do anything you want. You are US citizens, and this is the US Embassy." Then he gave a grin and a wink, adding "But not today, ladies. It's Martin Luther King Day. The Embassy is closed."

We talked with him for a little while, we weren't allowed to take photos!

But then we realized, duh, that wasn't even the right place to get a passport stamped. We found the correct place nest to the cruise terminal, and they obliged us with a stamp.