Carnival Conquest January 19-26th Exotic Eastern Caribbean Review, pictures and all!

lisajm

We stopped by the theater to watch the Diva's show after dinner. There were some technical difficulties with some of the equipment and the show was put on hold. We really didn't feel like staying.

We strolled the shops. Carolyn won a gift bag worth $100.00!

DSCN0451_zpsa6c83b48.jpg

After that, we decided to go back to the cabin, and get ready for bed. It had been a very short night, and a very long day.

Now I believe, I mentioned that we are all labor and delivery nurses, right?

Bet you can't guess what our first towel animal was?

DSCN0452_zps82dc1a0f.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

OMG!!!! Lol..... what animal was it suppose to be??

I liked the electrician part of your post. Reminds me of the time we went to Cancun (before anyone had heard of it). There was like two hotels there. Anyway as we were leaving the hotel to go back home, we saw the dining room set up for the day. Electric wires coming down poles, dishes set on the tables and bug spray being sprayed around there.

Following. I loved the animal!! Can I ask what was in the bag? I love all of your pictures!! I will be on my first cruise in June. I will be on the Dream doing a Western Caribbean but I love photo reviews! Thanks for doing one! :D

Your very welcome! I hope you enjoy your first cruise. If you are like me once you get a taste of the cruise life, you will become addicted.

The bag was one of those little sling backpacks. She also received flip flops, a T-shirt, a hat, and a reusable glass.

We made it back on board, went to the room to drop of our bags, ad these two decided they couldn't take another step.

DSCN0515_zps48a5d414.jpg

I gently reminded them that we were famished. So they reluctantly got up and we went to the Lido deck to try Guy's Burgers.

DSCN0516_zpsa6200518.jpg

DSCN0517_zps1e86df42.jpg

This is the famous Piggy Patty. I thought it was very tasty, but very big! I added some fixins and dove right in. The fries were hand cut and had just the right amount of seasoning for me.

It was a lot of food and I could only manage to eat half.

We had just enough time to grab a DOD and go to the meet and greet @ Vincent's Lounge.

DSCN0518_zps001dcb1c.jpg

This is Colleen (aka Grunman Tiger). She did a great job of organizing our Meet and Greet. She contacted JH and we even had some prizes.

DSCN0520_zpsf4032c63.jpg

A picture of the whole group.

DSCN0524_zpsea740afa.jpg

These were our lucky prize winners! Note not one but TWO Ship on a Sticks and a medal.

The prizes were for the most cruises, the cruise days, and the farthest traveled.

I won a prize as well from a drawing of the sign and sail cards, a deck of Carnival playing cards. I threatened to take out the petite lady to get her ship on a stick, but really that would have been bad form!

DSCN0519_zps7ebdbdbb.jpg

Mike Ditka was in our Meet and Greet group! (Views represented in this review are strictly the views of the reviewer. He denied that he was actually Mike Ditka.):p

DSCN0518_zps001dcb1c.jpg

This is Colleen (aka Grunman Tiger). She did a great job of organizing our Meet and Greet. She contacted JH and we even had some prizes.

DSCN0520_zpsf4032c63.jpg

A picture of the whole group.

DSCN0524_zpsea740afa.jpg

These were our lucky prize winners! Note not one but TWO Ship on a Sticks and a medal.

The prizes were for the most cruises, the cruise days, and the farthest traveled.

I won a prize as well from a drawing of the sign and sail cards, a deck of Carnival playing cards. I threatened to take out the petite lady to get her ship on a stick, but really that would have been bad form!

DSCN0519_zps7ebdbdbb.jpg

Mike Ditka was in our Meet and Greet group! (Views represented in this review are strictly the views of the reviewer. He denied that he was actually Mike Ditka.):p

HE DOES LOOK LIKE DITKA ! I loved the conquest. Only have cruised magic and conquest but still love conquest.

DSCN0535_zpsb88eff9c.jpg

First Elegant Night Menu

DSCN0529_zps2f315060.jpg

I started with the Strawberry Bisque. The flavor was good, but I felt that I was eating a strawberry milkshake with a spoon.

DSCN0527_zps408f286b.jpg

Carolyn and I each had the alligator fritters. They were kind of spicy, but very tasty.

DSCN0530_zpse7a062c7.jpg

We all the the lobster.

DSCN0533_zpsabbf5e12.jpg

Karen had this scrumptious looking concoction, which she enjoyed very much.

DSCN0532_zps2272a77a.jpg

For Carolyn and myself, the WCMC. It is impossible for me to resist.

After dinner we went to Henri's to check out the disco action.

DSCN0538_zps6de8aaf1.jpg

Karen ordered a nice little fruity drink in a disco ball.

DSCN0539_zpscb2d076d.jpg

Karen, watching the dancing.

I do not consider myself a great dancer unless, of course, I have a little liquid courage. Karen dragged me to the dance for for YMCA, however. After that the music was leaving the disco area and they started playing some techno rap that made us feel ancient.

Hi Lisa,

I'm so glad to see your review. I've been trying to decide if I want to write one or not.

My friend and I also went to Junkanoo Beach that day. We did not stop at the straw market. (After what you said about it, I'm glad we didn't) We did walk the way of the shops and stopped at DI for the same charms.

We ended up going to the first shack on the beach for drinks and pulling up a piece of sand. I don't think we did much except stick our feet in the water to see how cold it was. Too cold for us.:D

After seeing the pictures of the M & G, I wish I had taken the time to go back to my cabin to change. :o Oh well, I love my SOS! It's my first. :)

Valerie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so glad I went further than the Review board. After I reading it this morning I almost cancelled my Conquest cruise!! Your review is great and I love the commentary. I still have a picture somewhere of our "dinosaur" towel animal. Let's just say it was clearly the mate for yours. LOL It was two rolls at the base and a very long neck standing up. Thanks for sharing your experience and especially the pictures!