Smoking on Marina !!!!

roger b

It is very possible that O is now selling more bookings in those in countries that have a higher percentage of smokers than the US. Thus more smoke onboard.

I'm wondering which countries they may be from since a lot of countries have banned indoor smoking in most places. I was more than surprised (but happy) when Ireland banned smoking. Anyway, I found a list of countries of the world and the smoking bans/policies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans . I found this quite interesting.

It is also interesting that people who cannot smoke in their workplace and choose not to smoke in their homes get upset when smoking is limited on a cruise ship. I do feel that smokers need an area to go to -- it would be nice if it were someplace where non-smokers would not be bothered by second hand smoke. Unfortunately, cigars will never be banned from Oceania or Regent (in my humble opinion)

Edited by Travelcat2

I am not a smoker but grew up in LA in the 50-60"S and am pretty immune to the smell of diesel engines Cigars, brush fires and cigarettes. I seldom notice them today. I think when anyone gets emotional about anything it heightens their sensitivity and lowers there tolerance for differing ideas.

I have found on ships that as a general rule you meet some of the nicest and kindest people in the smoking section... from staff to passengers. No one is upset with anything and totally low key easy going and happy to a man.

If I have the choice to be with a gaggle of zelots preaching and thumping their chests, I think I would prefer to be with laid back happy smokers.... Who knows...I may even decide to join them !

you know back when smoking was allowed in the dining room, my wife and i always requested a smoking table even though we did not smoke...we just seemed to have more fun at a table of smokers.