Cheers Program Clarification

bosoxfan23061

I understand basically how the program works. I know that you have to purchase the program by a certain day after leaving port and I know you have to pay for all the remaining days of the cruise after purchase. However, I need clarification on if you have to pay for the last day (debarkation day). For example, we are going on a 9 night/10 day cruise (the Dream repositioning). If I purchase the program on day 1, do I pay for 10 days (including debarkation) or 9 days (every day EXCEPT debarkation)?

Were they charged extra on debarkation day or was it covered by Cheers?

They would have been charged extra since the program ends at 6am on debarkation day.

Debarkation day is not really considered part of your cruise, it's day 1 of the embarking passengers voyage.

They would have been charged extra since the program ends at 6am on debarkation day.

Debarkation day is not really considered part of your cruise, it's day 1 of the embarking passengers voyage.

You might be wrong on that. I know on the Bubbles program that I can get soda on the last day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yea debarkation day isn't covered by drinks programmes. I'd like to know why you have to wait until you are on the ship to purchase cheers

sent from my Samsung using the CruiseCritic app

If you sail out of Texas the TABC (alcohol taxing authority) wants their cut and you can't legally offer an all you can drink package. You have to wait until the following day to purchase it. I'm guessing some other states are similar.

No, it does not end at 6am on debarkation day. I assumed it wouldn't cover debarkation day as well. However, my roommate thought otherwise so we clarified with guest services. We had mimosas and coffee liquor drinks at breakfast before debarking and were not charged anything additional.

ETA: This was on the Legend this past November

ETA2: Sorry for trying to help out with answering a question. I apparently have "problems" for drinking so early (insert eye roll here)

Edited by capcutie2002

No, it does not end at 6am on debarkation day. I assumed it wouldn't cover debarkation day as well. However, my roommate thought otherwise so we clarified with guest services. We had mimosas and coffee liquor drinks at breakfast before debarking and were not charged anything additional.

ETA2: Sorry for trying to help out with answering a question. I apparently have "problems" for drinking so early (insert eye roll here)

Please don't take offense to my earlier comment. It was meant as a joke. I'm a firm believer in "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

The charge for Cheers equals the number of nights you are on board, and you can still purchase alcohol on debarkation day with it. True, the day is 6am-6am, but you're not on the ship at 6am embarkation day, but you're still paying for the full day, and if you're not buying on day one, it's doubtful you're there at exactly 6am to purchase it, right? I had bloody Marys on debarkation day, and was not charged anything extra.

We took a limo to the port one morning and took full advantage of the scotch they had in the back! I felt good by the time we reached Lido.

I also got upgraded to 1st class on a 6am flight once... suffice it to say I had more than orange juice on the way to Salt Lake City. :D

It was my understanding that coffee drinks with liquor are excluded. I am planning to purchase cheers on our cruise leaving next week and hope they are available under cheers....... Did you order these at other times on your cruise?

It was my understanding that coffee drinks with liquor are excluded. I am planning to purchase cheers on our cruise leaving next week and hope they are available under cheers....... Did you order these at other times on your cruise?

Not the previous poster, but we got spiked coffee under the package on the Dream last year. It had to have the liquor in it-regular specialty coffee would be charged. Not sure if it varies shop to ship but we got then 2-3 times throughout the week with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not the previous poster, but we got spiked coffee under the package on the Dream last year. It had to have the liquor in it-regular specialty coffee would be charged. Not sure if it varies shop to ship but we got then 2-3 times throughout the week with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was spiked coffee from the coffee bar included or only when ordering in the MDR?