Instead of a Review... Just ask! Dream eastern Caribbean

RyanDMB99@aol.com

We took the Dream 1/11 to the Eastern Caribbean. Instead of a really long review I figured I would make this an open forum! I will go over a few points that I notice come up on these boards often.

First our cabin... it was myself, my fiance, and her sister in our cabin. We had booked a king bed and obviously on the couch bed be made up for a third. Upon entering we had Burt and Ernie type beds, and no third setup. My fiance called housekeeping to have this corrected and have the drop-down made up for her sister. (We thought the ceiling bunk would make more sense.) When we arrived back after dinner, the couch was made up as a bed, but my fiance and I spent the week sleeping Burt and Ernie style. (It should be noted that this bugged her more than me!) The last note on cabin - the bathroom could have used a better cleaning, as there was dry toothpaste spittle still in the sink when we arrived.

Lets see... oh yeah I finally got a taste of chair hoggery... it IS quite annoying and despite the 40 minute rule, not much is done in the way of enforcement. So that was a bit disappointing. (For the girls.... I could care less about laying out).

Food was good but the Lido tended to get busy around 1:00 everyday (not noon like I expected). I only got to eat Mongolion once on embarkation day (as we were aboard by 11:45 and it wasn't busy yet).

Main Dining room, we had great tablemates (at least the ones who showed up!) And FABULOUS head waiter and assistants. Leonardo was entertaining, informative, and attentive all week. Our food was always warm. The wcmc was mixed throughout the week... sometimes over done, sometimes perfect, sometimes liquidy. Everything else was great. My fiance has a gluten allergy, and Carnival and Leonardo were FANTASTIC at accomodating her. Each night he would present her the following nights menu and she would pick what she wanted. They even made a gluten free wcmc for her!

The ports were AWESOME as we have never been to St. TThomas or St Maarten. Loved seeing those both!

Oh a FANTASTIC experience in the steakhouse. We booked the first night, and it was a little rocky. My fiance's sister hadnt gotten her sea legs yet and had to leave shortly after ordering. Our waitress and team were so understanding and empathetic. Our waitress even went so far as to wrap up her dinner and hand deliver it to our cabin to her while we continuued our meal in the steakhouse. So I thought that was above and beyond service.

Ok... I think those were my biggest points I wanted to make. Oh and we took the Behind the Fun Tour which was amazing to a big ship nerd like me!! Haha such a fadcinating insider look at the ship and life aboard.

Ok now I open it up for your questions if any!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We took the Dream 1/11 to the Eastern Caribbean. Instead of a really long review I figured I would make this an open forum! I will go over a few points that I notice come up on these boards often.

First our cabin... it was myself, my fiance, and her sister in our cabin. We had booked a king bed and obviously on the couch bed be made up for a third. Upon entering we had Burt and Ernie type beds, and no third setup. My fiance called housekeeping to have this corrected and have the drop-down made up for her sister. (We thought the ceiling bunk would make more sense.) When we arrived back after dinner, the couch was made up as a bed, but my fiance and I spent the week sleeping Burt and Ernie style. (It should be noted that this bugged her more than me!) The last note on cabin - the bathroom could have used a better cleaning, as there was dry toothpaste spittle still in the sink when we arrived.

Lets see... oh yeah I finally got a taste of chair hoggery... it IS quite annoying and despite the 40 minute rule, not much is done in the way of enforcement. So that was a bit disappointing. (For the girls.... I could care less about laying out).

Food was good but the Lido tended to get busy around 1:00 everyday (not noon like I expected). I only got to eat Mongolion once on embarkation day (as we were aboard by 11:45 and it wasn't busy yet).

Main Dining room, we had great tablemates (at least the ones who showed up!) And FABULOUS head waiter and assistants. Leonardo was entertaining, informative, and attentive all week. Our food was always warm. The wcmc was mixed throughout the week... sometimes over done, sometimes perfect, sometimes liquidy. Everything else was great. My fiance has a gluten allergy, and Carnival and Leonardo were FANTASTIC at accomodating her. Each night he would present her the following nights menu and she would pick what she wanted. They even made a gluten free wcmc for her!

The ports were AWESOME as we have never been to St. TThomas or St Maarten. Loved seeing those both!

Oh a FANTASTIC experience in the steakhouse. We booked the first night, and it was a little rocky. My fiance's sister hadnt gotten her sea legs yet and had to leave shortly after ordering. Our waitress and team were so understanding and empathetic. Our waitress even went so far as to wrap up her dinner and hand deliver it to our cabin to her while we continuued our meal in the steakhouse. So I thought that was above and beyond service.

Ok... I think those were my biggest points I wanted to make. Oh and we took the Behind the Fun Tour which was amazing to a big ship nerd like me!! Haha such a fadcinating insider look at the ship and life aboard.

Ok now I open it up for your questions if any!

That must of been alot of fun you, your fiance and her sister???

I know this might be an silly question but where did port out from? My family and I are going on our first cruise out of Miami. I was wondering were did you park your car, in the ports parking or a private lot? We will be traveling with our two year old so I wouldn't know how it would work if we took a shuttle since we wouldn't be taking our car seat. Thanks in advance

Oh and as well as how much did you wind up paying?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know this might be an silly question but where did port out from? My family and I are going on our first cruise out of Miami. I was wondering were did you park your car, in the ports parking or a private lot? We will be traveling with our two year old so I wouldn't know how it would work if we took a shuttle since we wouldn't be taking our car seat. Thanks in advance

Sorry for hijacking... But the Dream is currently sailing out of Port Canaveral.

When we cruised out of Miami we found a hotel to do a park and cruise option. We stayed the night before and they allowed us to park while we cruised. We had to arrange a shuttle to the port. Parking at the terminal in Miami is either $20-$25 a day, I can't remember.

Sorry for hijacking... But the Dream is currently sailing out of Port Canaveral.

When we cruised out of Miami we found a hotel to do a park and cruise option. We stayed the night before and they allowed us to park while we cruised. We had to arrange a shuttle to the port. Parking at the terminal in Miami is either $20-$25 a day, I can't remember.

O ok great thanks :)

I know your question was answered...

Dream sails out of Port Canaveral, we drove 15 hours from PA, and stayed the night before at Residence Inn, for $6/day we were able to leave our car there and take a shuttle to the port.

Is there a sushi bar on the Dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never came across the sushi bar like there were on Pride and Glory. The area I thought would be a sushi bar on deck 5 turned out to be a salad bad area...

Did you have the Ordinary Menu? Or the American Table or Feast Dinner?

if so...how did you like it?

Do you remember what production shows were playing?

Is it possible you have your FunTimes and would post them?

Thanks for offered to answer questions for us.

we sail in March. Getting closer now.

We never came across the sushi bar like there were on Pride and Glory. The area I thought would be a sushi bar on deck 5 turned out to be a salad bad area...

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have the Ordinary Menu? Or the American Table or Feast Dinner?

if so...how did you like it?

Do you remember what production shows were playing?

Is it possible you have your FunTimes and would post them?

Thanks for offered to answer questions for us.

we sail in March. Getting closer now.

Dream is still doing the regular menu, American Table hasn't been rolled out fleetwide.

I do have my funtimes for the whole week. Give me some time and I will attempt to upload them.

How much was the Behind the Fun tour? What did you see? What day was it? Was it worth the money?

Behind the Fun was $95/person. The tour is the final sea day. We started in the main galley, followed by the beer and wine freezer, one of the meat storage freezers, the glass and aluminum reclamation centers, then on to the Engine control room, followed by the crew bar/lounge and training room. From there we went to the main laundry facility, up to backstage of the main show stage. After that up to the bridge, and last we ended in the steakhouse! They give you photos in the galley and on the bridge with the captain, a knap-sack, a cap and lanyard, chocolate strawberries are sent to your room, and we had the BEST mimosas in the steakhouse!! Im a huge ship nerd, so for me seeing behind the scenes this was awesome!

Oh and we also saw where the ship morgue and brig are located.

Sounds like you got a better Behind the Scenes Tour than we did. We were on a different ship, but we didn't see a morgue or the brig. I think that would be interesting to see. I didn't even know they had a morgue on board...