Carnival spirit kids club answers

shudie and Mel-leigh the programs should be in your inbox.

Hi ladies,

I'd love a copy of the kids club programs, but would prefer not to publish my email address. Would it be ok if I emailed either of you and you could forward me the programs?

I'm not sure how to (if you can?) PM 2011CruisingFamilyof4.

Thanks

2011cruisingfamily did you use the kids club at night? I.e the dinner drop off and then camp carnival? What is it like for kids at night? My two are pretty cranky if they don't got to bed early, if at kids club do they put them to bed at certain time or just let them stay up? We'd love to go and see a few shows, speaking of which, are they different every night, how many different ones etc?

2011cruisingfamily did you use the kids club at night? I.e the dinner drop off and then camp carnival? What is it like for kids at night? My two are pretty cranky if they don't got to bed early, if at kids club do they put them to bed at certain time or just let them stay up? We'd love to go and see a few shows, speaking of which, are they different every night, how many different ones etc?

To be honest, we only did the dinner thing once in two cruises. The girls loved the dining room so much more as they got to see all their friends (the staff). Also we chose a night that I knew they would like what was being served. Then in regards to night time, the older one (7) was in the club straight after we had dinner until 10pm every night (we let her stay up the nights they had a party on till midnight! Told her though she was not allowed to be grumpy the next day or she wouldn't go again......never grumpy!). The 4 yo loved the shows and missed only a couple. She had "her seat" which she sat in for every show on the first cruise and again on the second cruise (one of the singers told her to make sure she sat in her seat so he could she her and sure enough he made looked for her) so she wasn't too keen on the night time, however on a couple of nights, she did have a dilemma on what to choose. Again though it all depends on the child and do they like the theme that night?

The have a set program until 9.45, then anyone after 10 has a mat (the exception is when there is a party on of course) and sleep. I do recall seeing kids before 9.45 on mats and asleep. So I would have a guess that they get them to lay down when the signs are there.

As for the shows, different one every night, we had everything from the Spirit dancers and singers doing shows, a jazz band, magician, juggling act, and I cant think of the rest sorry. To make sure we got "her seat" everynight, we did have to line up pretty early (about 30-40min before show started), so while 1 parent was in the line, the other was taking 1 to kids club and amusing the other until the doors opened.

There is also the Comedy in the Versalise Lounge. They usually had 2 comedians on, with each doing a family comedy show at 8pm and 9pm, then it was clear the room of all the youngens as the adults only shows would start at 10 and 11. These were always packed and full of laughter.

I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Thanks for the great info its really helpful! We are thinking of doing a cruise this year and our little guy will be 2 yrs old. Hes used to daycare but can be clingy so im wondering how he will go doing a few sessions at Camp as id love a break!

Just wondering if it was really busy in the 2-5 yrs group - is there a chance you wouldnt get in?

Thanks for the great info its really helpful! We are thinking of doing a cruise this year and our little guy will be 2 yrs old. Hes used to daycare but can be clingy so im wondering how he will go doing a few sessions at Camp as id love a break!

Just wondering if it was really busy in the 2-5 yrs group - is there a chance you wouldnt get in?

I was there at a pretty busy time of year.............Christmas! and we never had a problem. Plus they give you a phone so if there is any problems or they cant settle him they can give you a call.

Go for it, it is a great affordable family holiday!

I'm off with my husband and two kids, 7 year old son and my daughter will turn 5 on second day of the 24th March cruise, reading all this I'm jumping with excitement for them, they'll both be in different groups which I'm happy with as they can get rowdy together lol I think they'll have a couple of nights where they'll eat dinner with the kids club to let Mummy and Daddy finally have a dinner alone. That hasn't happened in 7 years lol almost like date night :D

Kim

I'm off with my husband and two kids, 7 year old son and my daughter will turn 5 on second day of the 24th March cruise, reading all this I'm jumping with excitement for them, they'll both be in different groups which I'm happy with as they can get rowdy together lol I think they'll have a couple of nights where they'll eat dinner with the kids club to let Mummy and Daddy finally have a dinner alone. That hasn't happened in 7 years lol almost like date night :D

Kim

A cruise is the best holiday for a mum as we cannot cook, clean, do housework, drive kids everywhere, do dishes etc and if you are lucky you could even get away with not doing any washing!!!!! Have a great time and try to relax!!!!! Any questions let me know!............did you see the comment on the other thread about a birthday cake for your daughter?

I didn't see the message but yes definitely I know about the birthday cakes and she is dying for one lol I showed her pics of ones others have mentioned on Facebook and she is excited for cake lol don't worry that theres a lot of other things to do on the ship, the cake is the big drawcard lol

It is so exciting isn't it... I can't wait to have a holiday too! All of our other holidays have been a change of scenery, not a holiday lol. Love too that Circular Quay is a 20 minute drive and holiday starts there.

Mel-Leigh apparently you go to the cake shop inboard and order one and they will send it wherever you want to celebrate. Check the carnival cruise lines Facebook page there's photos and they are pretty cheap too!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ooh, do they do birthday cakes? It will be my hubby's birthday while we are on our cruise. How do I go about organizing a cake?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Go to the Formalities Shop on Deck 3 (looks like a little lolly shop). You can choose from 2 sizes. We chose the smallest size at it was enough for the 4 of us, our wait staff and friends we met on board! For memory $7.95 and $9.95. Then choose vanilla sponge or chocolate, same with the icing and if you want anything written on it. Finally where do you want it delivered to! We had ours delivered to the dining room. After your meal, the cake will be brought out along with your waiters singing! I think they need 24hrs notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Could I please get a copy of the kids club program of events also!!

What would be the likely hood do u think of my twins who turn 6 1 week after we get off the boat being let into the 6+ age group kids activities. As I am thinking that the 2-5 group may be a little too preschool for them etc???

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Also. One for my wife to put her mind at ease a little I hope.

Did u have concerns or witness kids god forbid, climbing the rails if the decks?

She is petrified that our smaller kids will run off or something or even during a kids club activity and will start climbing etc. Is it possible??

Also. One for my wife to put her mind at ease a little I hope.

Did u have concerns or witness kids god forbid, climbing the rails if the decks?

She is petrified that our smaller kids will run off or something or even during a kids club activity and will start climbing etc. Is it possible??

This was my biggest fear as well!!!! But for memory they weren't easy to climb, I think the lower decks had rails but were slanted in a way that made it difficult and the upper decks were glass????? Struggling to remember though!!! The only incident of panic I had was when my husband lifted one of the girls up near the edge!! Scared the life out of me!

And in the kids club, they are inside at all times in the younger age groups, I think it is about 12 when the groups wander off outside.

Let me know your email and I will pass send them through.

As for moving up a level, my suggestion would be don't register them at the info session (but make sure you go!), but rather head on up to the Camp Carnival later that night (they will let you know when they are open to have a look around) and speak to the staff then.

Could I please get a copy of the kids club program of events also!!

What would be the likely hood do u think of my twins who turn 6 1 week after we get off the boat being let into the 6+ age group kids activities. As I am thinking that the 2-5 group may be a little too preschool for them etc???

Cheers

i think they are pretty strict on the age group so if they are 5 when they join the cruise thats the age group they have to be in

WIZARD OF 18...................I have just gone through our photos and I was wrong sorry! On the deck around the mini golf, it is rails but they are angled so hard to climb. i.e. my husband was leaning against the railing (standing straight) but his feet were not near the rail down the bottom. So rather than climbing straight up, they would have to climb on and angle making them looking up......if that makes any sense?

Damn looking at the photos........makes me want to go again!