Ensenada Mexico what to do?

Fljane51

The Bufadora is nice to go to. But beware - on the way from the parking lot to the viewing platforms, you will go thru what I call "the gauntlet" - the shop employees come out of their store and try to get you in. You must be persistent and keep walking.

There will be taxis at the end of the port area at the street offering tours. Or there is a tourist stand by the Big Head park that also has tours.

There is plenty of info over at the Mexican Riviera board.

Here is a good thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952430

Also, here are the search results for Ensenada in the Mexican Riviera board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=48289713

FYI - Do not give any money to the little kids or women that are begging on the streets. They do not get the money. It gets passed on to the people that took these Indians out of their villages.

Well there are dirent type of atv tours.diferent types of kayak tours whale watching tours,museoms,ziplining,fishing,city tours

diferent types horse backriding tours,resorts, beaches (they are difernt types of them not all are equal.) etc etc i could go on and on .

I have seen so many of them not listed on the Cruise catalog

I could name you a list of atleast 50 great options I have done many of them.

what would you like to do ? they are some incredible ones that not apply to all people price or the type of activitie

Edited by Dave_Baja

If you do go to La Bufadora--it is best during high tide, especially after a storm.

The restaurant in the parking lot has good tacos.

Places to eat in Ensenada--

On Ave Lopez (Ave Primera)

El Meson de Don Fernando- The Molcajetes are wonderful, easily enough to share. $$$

(Hacienda) El Charro- Chickens rotissiering over wood & hand made tortillas. Lousy french fries.$$

half a block up from Ave Lopez

Taquiera Lindo- tacos. Next door to Hussongs. $ (Crew eats here. The owner, Martin, makes an awesome, fresh Margarita.)

A few doors down in a Lime Green building is a paleta store. We like the Pineapple (pina) popsicles.$

(Birrerria) La Guadalajuara - Birria, a Mexican Stew. On Tuesday we were the only gringas in the place. The other tables held various tour guides. $$

Off the Beaten Path-

Potrero Viejo Gorditas- $

All these restaurants have spotless bathrooms, throw all paper in the trach can.

Be careful of the sidewalks in Ensenada. The streets to Ave Lopez and Ave Lopez are easy to walk. Off of Ave Lopez there are open utility boxes (no utilities) in the sidewalks. Also the curbs are of differing heights.

Edited by SadieN