What about Scuba??

dirvin0500

Unfortunately, I think most of the scuba operators are out of San Pedro. You'll have to catch an airplane flight to Ambergris Caye but it's doable, certainly a one tanker.

But at one time Sea Sports Belize ran private excursions out of Belize City at better sites and cheaper pp cost (for 6-10 people). If you google them, you can see if they still provide that service.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been years but my husband did a two tAnk dive that involved the plane flight mentioned. We had a snorkel/ dive combo tour planned but they canceled the dive part because of not enough participation. They just got someone on the dock who arranged it right there. They said the flight was one of the best parts. It is pricier because of the flight but according to my husband worth it.

Edited by bearette

Looking for an Operator for a 2-tank dive for my Wife and me. Both certified and with our own equipment. Understand that we're tendered but we keep hearing about the great diving in Roatan. It it just for people spending the week???

Are you asking about Roatan or Belize?

I went on a ships excursion a couple of years ago, and the dive op was Hank Parkey. It was WAY crowded too. There were 2 ships tendering that day, and the dive boat got all the divers from both cruise ships. I was like grand central station when everybody hit the water.

I'm cruising on the NCL Jewel next month, and they are offering the same dive, so there are still at least one operator down there.

Personally, I'm diving Costa Maya, and Roatan on our cruise.