Hump Cabins on Radiance

I am planning to book a Cat. E3 on the Radiance for next October. There will be three of us in the cabin. I noticed there is a cabin that can accommodate three on the hump with a sofa bed. Is there any part of the hump that is better? And, I noticed there are cabins with pullmans, close to the hump. Is it better to have a sofa bed or pullman? One more question, if you are close to the hump, does the hump get in the way of your view? I hope my questions aren't too confusing. It will be our first balcony so I would like to make a good choice.

Hello...We are going on the Radiance again this December and again, have chosen a HUMP cabin. Even though the hump cabins have larger balconies than other cabins in the same category, some hump cabin balconies are larger than others and the views vary.

If possible, and if you can afford the difference in price, try to book a D-1 category hump cabin and not and E-3. The E-3 hump cabins for the most part are on the 7th floor, and even though the balconies are large, most of the balconies look down right onto the lifeboat covers which are located right below the 7th deck. This might not bother you, but we do not prefer this.

The D-1 hump cabins are mainly on the 9th deck with no obstructed views. We consider D-1 category cabins 9078 and 9256 the best cabins on the ship except for possbily some of the larger suite cabins. 9078 has the 2nd largest balcony in this D-1 category, you can right down into the water, it is very private, and you only have another cabin on one side of your balcony. The other side is part of the ship itself.

The D-1 9256 cabin is not a hump cabin and is located at the back of the ship. However, many people love this cabin if they can get it because the balocny is gigantic, the room is a great size and you can see everything from the back of the ship. What a view. This room is in the corner and very private.

Hope this helps you a bit. Let me know if you have any more questions or need more info.

Regards,

Dave

We sailed on the Radiance in 2003 and had an E3 hump cabin number 7600. It was our first cruise so we had nothing to compare it with, but we were extremely happy with this balcony cabin. We did not feel that any of our view was obstructed by the life boats. We actually feel we had a better view being on the hump being able to see all the way forward and all the way to the rear. The cabin next to ours 7598 was used by members of our party and it had the pullman bunk above the other beds. There were three in that cabin, two adults and one child (11 yr old). The child slept in the pullman. We were happy enough with where we were located, we have booked the same area for our next cruise. No matter where you are, you will have a wonderful time. Happy cruising!

We had a D1 last Jan. on the Brilliance (full sister to the Radiance) and loved it! Next Jan. on the Brill was have 9576 on the hump, the best starboard side balcony. It's only a few more $$$, go for the D1.

Archived