Millennium reviews

hulamoon

We have been anticipating booking a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise. But some of the service reviews have been off putting.

Does anyone have any insights? Has the situation been remedied?

I''m not sure what situation you want remedied, but we were on b2b cruises on the millennium last Feb and I had a long thread, live review of those cruise which you can find my searching for "live from the millennium".

If you are referring to the engine problems, they're fixed.

Just a general comment, most service issues on a ship are due to ship officers and crew....all of which change...so if a review from 4 months ago said service was awful, you may find that now, with a new officer in charge of the area, service is exemplary. That goes for the captain on down by the way.

Edited by ghstudio

The service issues, indifferent staff, French fries on floor for three days, seemed to go for longer than four months. I will look up your review gh. I was focusing on the Hong Kong to Singapore reviews. Of course they were not all poor. But a number of celebrity fans were giving it one and two stars.

Looking it up now, thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by service reviews or what specific situation you mean, but we have just returned (2 weeks ago) from a Singapore - Singapore 14 night cruise on Millennium visiting South East Asian ports. We loved the ship and were very impressed with the service and the ship in general.

I have written a review which has been published in the review section, but if you have any specific questions ask away, and I would be more than happy to reply.

We were on New Year. The main issues were the service levels provided. Lack of bar staff, drink waiters etc. the crew themselves were generally friendly & obliging. It was just that the ship had 2500 on board when it's normally about 2000. We were told lots of crew were left behind in Hong Kong to allow for extra passengers.

You could see frustration in the face of some crew due to being overworked.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, even though there were some frustrating times due to lack of service. You just need to lower expectations a little.

Also note that the the ports in Vietnam & Thailand are a long way from the sites.

If you are interested message me and I will scan the daily newsletters I have for you.

Thanks John!

That would be great. My email is story teller hi at gmail dot com. Not sure how to message you.

Doug, I think it was a typo on your feb 14 post that got me wondering about the summit. You may have meant to type another ship beginning with an .s. Since I have a future summit booking and you were not as impressed with m class as s I wondered if it was in better shape. My curiosity got the better of me.

I too, know I do not have the capacity for 28 days in a small cabin.

Sorry I missed your big post last year, I was on a CC break and didn't think to search. It was a great thread and it was generous of you to share your experiences and thoughts. In fact I appreciate all your Cc contributions.