Snorkel vests Chakanaab/Tabyana?

crackupforlaughs

Anyone know if snorkel vests are provided at Chakanaab (Cozumel) and Tabyana (West Bay, Roatan)? We're bringing our own snorkeling equipment, but don't own vests. Cost?

Don't know about Cozumel, but I rented a vest at Tabyana-don't remember the cost, but it was not much. I am not a strong swimmer so I was so thankful. I gave me the confidence I needed to go out by the reef.

I think you can rent just a vest for $5, but a lot of places make you rent the entire package to get the vest. That would run around $15.

We have our own, except DH's who does not use one. I bought them online for under $30 each. They just deflate and roll up and fit in the bag with the snorkel gear. I rather have my own so I know what I have, how it fits and it's already adjusted.

Thanks! I've looked online and they seem to run aroun $45 a piece. I'll check our local dive shops. Since we don't snorkel that much anymore maybe we'll just rent even if we have to get the whole package. Thanks for the pricing. We may also need to save suitcase space and rent fins anyway.

Thanks! I've looked online and they seem to run aroun $45 a piece. I'll check our local dive shops. Since we don't snorkel that much anymore maybe we'll just rent even if we have to get the whole package. Thanks for the pricing. We may also need to save suitcase space and rent fins anyway.

Check leisure pro. I have the blue reef and DD's have blue reef and tusa. They're pretty much identical. I like having the crotch strap so they do not ride up to your chin when in the water.

Also we have our own gear. We have the us divers sets with the travel fins. Takes up less room in suitcase. Plus shorter fins allow us to use steps easier. Only downside is they have a little less propulsion.

Edited by wantocruisemore

You can't "rent" vest at Chankanaab for FREE. Just make sure you go to the snorkel vest hut that is located right BEFORE you get to the hut that rents you snorkeling equipment. You leave your ID with them and they will let you rent it for free. :)