Alcoves on Silhouette

cman67

We're going to be on the Silhouette 1/4/15.

I've heard about the alcoves - good and bad - and decided to book one for one of our sea days.

How far in advance can you book these?

I've heard that it's best to call Celebrity and book through Specialty Dinning. Can these be booked online or only by calling?

Thanks.

Just checked in my Celebrity cruise summary. I went into speciality dining at the top of the page, and then down to alcoves sea days. Unfortunately it says there that this is no longer available online and to enquire when onboard. Hope this helps.

You know I think they hold a few back to be booked while on the ship. We booked in advance, but the sea day we booked, there was only 2 or 3 being used. Of course we had the one day that a rainstorm came up and we got drenched. I think if weather permits it would be a great way to enjoy a sea day. You've got time-I think we booked a month or two in advance.

Just checked in my Celebrity cruise summary. I went into speciality dining at the top of the page, and then down to alcoves sea days. Unfortunately it says there that this is no longer available online and to enquire when onboard. Hope this helps.

When is your cruise? When I go to Specialty Dining nothing shows. Not even the dining.

Maybe it's just too soon.

We're going to be on the Silhouette 1/4/15.

I've heard about the alcoves - good and bad - and decided to book one for one of our sea days.

How far in advance can you book these?

I've heard that it's best to call Celebrity and book through Specialty Dinning. Can these be booked online or only by calling?

Thanks.

Was on the Silhouette Jan 4, 2014 (and will be again on March 23, 2014). We loved the Alcoves. We had taken the alcoves for 4 days. We had been to the ports so we just went off the ship for a couple of hours the cost of an Alcove is $99 Port days. Sea days $150 per day. I booked a few months prior to the cruise by calling the speciality restaurant celebrity phone number. They were available by phone, but not on line. If you book for the whole week, you get a 20%discount off of the total price.

Just one comment, if on sea days, the wind is very strong as it can be, you cannot have the awning up. We do not enjoy sitting in the sun all day, and we did have it one sea day, but hardly used it that day. We used it on the port days and one other sea day without a problem.

Very comfortable seating and you get service to have lunch delivered from the porch and drinks from the sunset bar. If you do not have packages for drinks and food, you pay the fees. The cost of lunch is $5 pp and for drinks as charged. You can also go to the buffet or grill and bring lunch up yourself. You will get included in the price, bottled water, a cheese platter and a fruit platter. Since the ship has 8 alcoves, best to rent about 4 months in advance.

Enjoy the Alcove- we surely did and have it rented again for a few days on our next cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

When is your cruise? When I go to Specialty Dining nothing shows. Not even the dining.

Maybe it's just too soon.

We are on the Silhouette in October 14, but I think that the details in speciality dining have been in my celebrity for at least a couple of months

We are on the Silhouette in October 14, but I think that the details in speciality dining have been in my celebrity for at least a couple of months

While you might be able to book restaurants, it typically states that the Alcoves aren't available. Best to book on line as they might be.

When I called Celebrity to inquire about Alcoves since the online booking said to wait until closer to the cruise the representative told me it seems to be a glitch in the system (shocking!) and that Alcoves can be booked at any time by calling them.

They do require you to pay for them via CC when you book though, they won't add them to your account balance.