sea princess

travelbug167

The Sea Princess is not my favorite Princess ship. It is OK. We had two great cruises on her. I just like the other larger class of ships better.

I have never been in a mini suite on the Sea Princess. The balconies are cut into the hull which is different from the larger ships. To me the balcony is smaller. So the first thing I would check is to see if a mini suite gives you more balcony space than a regular balcony cabin. On other ships it does.

The mini suite cabin I was in on the Sapphire is a whole lot better than the balcony cabin. It has more room, a bathtub, two TVs and a sofa.

Here is my problem with a mini suite. We used to usually get a balcony cabin. But after our last cruise in a mini suite my wife will not cruise unless we have a mini suite.

Already booked ocean view, thinking of changing to mini suite D751 (dolphin deck last cabin at rear). Any thoughts, worth the money?
Terrific cabin. The mini-suites on the Sea Princess are awesome. Super large and much better and larger than mini-suites on the Grand-class ships. The mini-suites on the Sea Princess are the size of two cabins, not just an elongated cabin. Pretty comparable to a full suite on a Grand-class ship (without the perks of a full suite.) IMHO, definitely worth the money. I've sailed on the Sea Princess several times and loved her and her sister ships, the (former) Ocean and Sun Princess. If you can afford it, it'll be worth the extra money. Edited by Pam in CA

Understand that on this class of ship, Just about all standard cabins (inside, outside and balcony) are just about exactly the same size (147 sq ft). Balconies are generally 25 sq ft. As already mentioned, mini suites are huge by comparison.

Edited by Cruzman

I've sailed in D751 on Dawn Princess.

Definitely, definitely worth the extra money.

Only thing is once you've been in one of them you'll never want to sail in an ordinary cabin again!

kind regards and happy cruising!

Colleen.