Reservation changes

AjBren2

I know that I will have to consult with my TA, but I was wondering if anybody has had,and can share any experiences with changes to reservations. My situation is that we are booked into a SC Family suite on the Gem for May. I have $150 in OBC. My question is if I add another person or upgrade to a S4 haven suite is it customary to lose that OBC. It should be said that I am still in the pre-final payment timeframe. Like I said, I know that the final decision rests with my TA and Norwegian, just asking for experiences so I know what may be in store when I do have final plans set and make the final changes to my reservation. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We lost ours but other people have kept theirs. So, I am not sure what to tell you. Their does not seem to be consistency with this situation.

You lost yours as part of an upgrade or adding another person or what kind of change?

We lost ours but other people have kept theirs. So, I am not sure what to tell you. Their does not seem to be consistency with this situation.

No consistency, and do not expect there to be.

Here is what happens:

Sometimes they price a cabin at one price, and then reduce it for a sale.

Sometimes they price it higher and offer an OBC for a sale.

Sometimes they price it at a different price and offer free upgrades.

Sometimes they have a sale with 3rd person at a discount. Sometimes not.

For example:

Cabin is available for $900 per person.

A few weeks later they have a sale and it is $800 per person, or $1,600 for the cabin.

Then it goes back up to $875 per person, but they offer a $150 per cabin OBC. Translated, that cabin is now $1,600

So, if you bought a cabin when they had the OBC, but now they do not offer the OBC, but instead have a different price (lower or higher), you can not combine the old promo with the new pricing. Unless of course it still exists.

Prices move around due to supply and demand.

I think you are right there about supply and demand and sales bs credits. We changed suites from a 2bed to a family balcony suite and added an inside. I think the price for the suite was a bit cheaper to offset the OBC like the other poster said. In the end I think we paid a little more than I would had a booked it originally but oh well.