Please look at our itinerary

mspeiden

We are traveling Costa Pacifica 3-29 to 4-5

We are leaving from Savona

Next Marsielles We were thinking of taking a tour thru Costa here

Barcelona getting off and using the hop on hop off bus

Mallorca ??? Suggestions welcome

Rome

We were thinking of doing a tour thru romeinlimo. We have 4 If anyone is interested in joining us happy to have them

Florence/Pisa

We are still debating this port. I have been told the only thing to do in Pisa is the leaning tower.

We are open to suggestions

Rome

We were thinking of doing a tour thru romeinlimo. We have 4 If anyone is interested in joining us happy to have them

Florence/Pisa

We are still debating this port. I have been told the only thing to do in Pisa is the leaning tower.

You are correct regarding Pisa - we bypassed that area completely, and visited Lucca instead - loved it. We used limo in Rome - Danny was our driver/guide and we had a spectacular day.

We did a Western Med Cruise 2 years ago and visited some of the same ports. In Marseille we did a ship tour of Marseille in the AM and then visited Aix in the afternoon. I would skip Marseille next time and just spend the day in Aix or one of the other provincial towns-very quaint and relaxed and friendlier then the Marseille IMO. In Barcelona I would recommend a day tour if you are there only 1 day. The HOHO can be busy and there is much to see. Rome in Limo is a good idea for Rome. We did Share a Shore Excursion. On the web site we joined a group with 2 other couples and for a reasonable fee we got a great day tour with a native Roman guy, tailored to what we all agreed upon seeing. We would not have been able to cover so much by ourselves. I would make Palma de Mallorca your DIY day. There is a cheap shuttle into town, or you can walk if you like a little hike. There is a lovely church there, you can get a bite to eat and just stroll the streets, soaking up the culture. For the Pisa/Florence stop we chose a tour that involved seeing the tower and grounds and also a winery stop, with a lovely snack and wine tasting. We did not want to run around another big city so avoided Florence. Pisa was perfect for us-it is really a small attraction to see, but we got some great pictures of this iconic landmark that really summed up the flavor of our trip! The winery was a nice break, no much to it, but very enjoyable. Don't forget to try your Roll call to see if anyone wants to make a group for tours! Bon Voyage!

Rome

Florence/Pisa

I commend you for booking with Costa after their recent publicity.