Snow and the Pride

OT2Be2004

We are cruising on the Pride on 2/9/14 out of Baltimore. We are expecting a foot of snow in PA and while we will be going to Baltimore on Saturday, any idea of how Carnival will handle the snow?? Thank

You!!

Where did you get that forecast?

During the overnight hours from Saturday to Sunday you may have a bit of a problem, but the temps should rise above freezing by late morning. Even though the trip to the port is all "major roads" Baltimore can get a little dicey because so much of the highway is a series of overpasses. I would either stay close by so that your DH won't have to drive in it, or plan on leaving a little later in the morning. I've been on those major roads a time or two where dozens of people spun out because of a glaze of freezing rain....an hour later the roads were fine.

Where did you get that forecast?

Today show, Al Roker. Yesterday he said that the weekend storm could be measured in feet. Whether it affects us will depend where it hits. They won't give definitive predictions until much closer. I'm actually more worried about PA than MD. For now, I'm just watching and waiting!

we're traveling from NJ to MD to go on the Pride in April and we'll be leaving Sunday morning. I heard between 3 and 30 inches this weekend. For the amount you're spending on the cruise, I wouldn't risk it and would spring for the hotel for the night. You could always wait till later in the week to see what they're saying. Your husband could still drive down with you Saturday and spend that night, then leave in the morning. It would be nice to break up the ride for him

I agree with this advice. He can still be your driver. Just go a day early!

I live in Atlanta, so I speak from fresh experience that you don't know the road conditions, accidents, etc that could happen causing you to miss the ship!