Explorer updates?

LES1JOAN

I would love some Explorer updates, and or reviews too! We are a large group going in July. It's the first on Royal for many in our group,and the reviews are saying she needs an update big time, broken glass, all kinds of damages etc. I know some exaggerate, but I'd love to hear some more recent reviews. We are all a little nervous, because its an expensive cruise. Although our group has fun wherever we go, still a bit nervous of her condition. Not talking the virus, that doesnt make us nervous!!The last few reviews we read weren't so good. I am going on my first RC cruise next week on the Jewel, but until then I'm a newbie!!!

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it - we were on her last May and had a brilliant time, so much so we're going on her again in another 5 weeks! Shes a little older than some of the others but nothing major and honestly the nicest and friendliest crew ever, from the captain right down

I just heard from friends who are in San Juan and they said everything is going well. This is what they said:

Today we had good news, most of the restrictions we were under have been lifted. We were greeted with champagne, strawberries & cheers as we entered the dining room & realized we could pick up our own plates & serve ourselves for the first time since boarding! Simple pleasures. Our inconveniences have been minor compared to the crew; they worked tirelessly to get the ship ready & continue to clean endlessly, they were even told not to hug any passengers they knew - lots of elbow smacking going on. Everything that could be thrown away was, from bedding to paper in the desk, even the mini bar was emptied. The dining room tables looked bare, the waiters have to hand you packets of butter, sugar, salt, etc. as needed, nothing is on the tables, not even flowers. Hopefully things will look different tonight.

We will be sailing on Explorer on 2/16/14 and would appreciate updates from anyone onboard in next 2 weeks as to the conditions on the ship and any illnesses you are aware of. Hoping for a carefree voyage. Thanks.

Hello Les1Joan,

Sounds very encouraging. We'll be sailing with you on February 16 and we have a fine Roll Call with 27 Cruise Critics signed up. Why don't you join the Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1759645

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking