Upgrading Onboard

cruisinsince75

Has anyone else upgraded their stateroom once they got onboard the ship? If so, do you remember what the charge was per diem. Not sure if it is the same on every cruise.

I know we upgraded from a Club Veranda to a Club Continent last April when going from Monte Carlo to Seville. From what I remember it was a little over $100 per diem. Not sure if that was just on our cruise, or if they always do that if there are excess cabins available.

We booked a Club Veranda for our Journey cruise this June, which we are happy with. However, if the upgrade isn't that expensive we might upgrade.

Anyone had experience with this?

... from veranda to a suite when we checked in for a cruise in October 2013. With the extra space provided, we enjoyed it so much that on return home we asked the TA what it would cost to update for a cruise that we had already booked for May 2014. This turned out too costly.

The offer on the latest Azamara U.K. site of $1000 obc or free upgrade is confusing too. One TA has told me that the $1000 obc applies to suite guests but the upgrade of cabins does not. Even some of the upgrades are confusing; one TA shows price from inside cabins to balcony cabins being identical, other shows inside to ocean view only.