Spring 2015 cruisers!!!!

MikeNKim

well done on the 2lb weight loss chell!

and congrats mist_ynight! hope all goes well for you

I was able to get a discount on our cruise price yesterday so that was good. I've had a bit of a flare up with arthritis so not much exercise happening here, but hopefully next week I can do a bit more.

Sorry for the above rant ladies...I saw several other posts like that today and it kinda ticked me off...anyway...on a more positive note...

I did my first plank today...and to top that off, I did a side plank too!! I was so excited about that. Now if I could only do a push up I would be doing good!!

So the fitbit tracks calories too...I don't track them because I am doing weight watchers. I suppose I could track them when I log my points.

I got for my weigh in tomorrow...I only need 0.4 to get to my 20 pound mark...I am skipping breakfast tomorrow!! I am a little nervous because I was still sick over the weekend...fingers crossed!!

I hope everyone is having a great week!!

Soooo.....I went for my weigh in today at Weight Watchers...I lost another 3 pounds this week!! I am down a total of 22.4 pounds!!! I am thrilled...only 7.6 more pounds to go and I am going to the spa for a facial and a massage!! I still have a ways to go to hit my final goal..I want to lose another 46 more pounds til my final goal...I can see the light!!! I see a new bikini in my future!!:D

I also went and got the Active Link at my meeting today. I want to give that a shot first because at this point I feel like tracking my calorie burn will not help as much as tracking my movement. I sit at a desk all day so it makes it hard. I am going to try this for a while. I seem to be losing weight at a steady rate so no need to change my meal plan just yet.

Soooo.....I went for my weigh in today at Weight Watchers...I lost another 3 pounds this week!! I am down a total of 22.4 pounds!!! I am thrilled...only 7.6 more pounds to go and I am going to the spa for a facial and a massage!! I still have a ways to go to hit my final goal..I want to lose another 46 more pounds til my final goal...I can see the light!!! I see a new bikini in my future!!:D

I also went and got the Active Link at my meeting today. I want to give that a shot first because at this point I feel like tracking my calorie burn will not help as much as tracking my movement. I sit at a desk all day so it makes it hard. I am going to try this for a while. I seem to be losing weight at a steady rate so no need to change my meal plan just yet.

AWESOME JOB!!!! Sounds like your meal plan is working perfectly for you. What exactly is the Active Link?

Have a great day everyone.

Chel

I weighed in at WW yesterday. I went up .4. My system just can't handle all those weekly points I guess. I will just have to exist without them. I try to live a normal life with food that's out & I do my tracking & use the weekly points when needed. My body is saying "I don't like those extras". Bummer. I know what I need to do though so will try to cut out the extra's & stay away from the "just a taste can't hurt".

hope you have a better week this week PTA.

I stayed the same weight this week, which I can't really complain about after a big loss the first week. I also signed up for a free telephone coaching service we have in our state here so I start that on Monday. I'm hoping it will help me keep on track for the long haul.

AWESOME JOB!!!! Sounds like your meal plan is working perfectly for you. What exactly is the Active Link?

Have a great day everyone.

Chel

Thanks Chel! Active link is a monitor that you wear all day long to track how active you are during the day. I have to wear it for a week so it can figure out what my normal activity level is. After the week, I wear it all day and I have to meet a specific activity level target for each day. It is kind cool, it lights up to 100% when you have met your normal activity level and anything extra you do will allow for more points. Since I am already working out everyday, I though this would help me to do more things, like go into the bank vs going through the drive thru. I will let every know how I like it once I get a feel for how it helps me.

PTAngel...its OK...up .4 is nothing, you probably just had to pee! You will have a big loss next week!!! :D

Good morning everyone! Great news to report! I'm down 25.2 pounds since December 30th :) This fitbit is awesome. I gave my kids my scale last Thursday because I use to weigh myself everyday. In the 6 days I refrained myself from weighing in I lost 4 pounds just following my fitbit and staying on track not worrying about numbers on the scale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Hey everyone its been a few days since I logged in due to some bug I caught that kept me in bed. I did weigh yesterday and lost another .9 lbs so I was happy with that considering.

Gotta get off I still have a massive headache :( Sorry to be short.

Chel

Good morning everyone! Great news to report! I'm down 25.2 pounds since December 30th :) This fitbit is awesome. I gave my kids my scale last Thursday because I use to weigh myself everyday. In the 6 days I refrained myself from weighing in I lost 4 pounds just following my fitbit and staying on track not worrying about numbers on the scale.

well done on your weight loss!! thats wonderful!

Congrats to all on their recent losses. You gals are Rockin !!!!

I haven't been on here in a week or so and also have missed my WW weigh-in. I'm getting ready for a big move to Fla in a few days and have been busy packing and such.

I have however, stayed on plan and kept up with my good eating habits.

I am going to try to run by the WW location and get a final weigh-in before I leave. Hopefully, I'm down - I've sure been active enough, so keeping my fingers crossed.

My biggest challange will be the week I drive down to Fla with a friend of mine. We are going to stop at a few places of interest on the way. Nashville for sure and a few other spots. Morning breakfasts will most likely be at the hotels, so getting my yogurt, fresh fruit and hopefully skim milk wont be an issue. For lunches, we will probably be on the road and just have access to fast-food. I have thought a lot about what to order that would be lean and healthy. I think that I will try to order a grilled chicken sandwich and then take the chicken off of the bun, feed the bun to the birds, and just have the chicken. Most fast food places now have a fruit cup of something like that to sub in lieu of any french fries. I'm also cutting down on drinking pop, so unsweetened iced-tea will be the way to go as a treat. I drink a lot of water and anything but, is a nice perk. I can usually make good choices at sit-down dinner establishments so dinner should be ok with perhaps just a salad, veggie and lean protein. I plan on taking advantage of the hotel treadmills and such and hopefully wont be up on the scale when I get down to Fla. I am going to try to keep up my routine as best I can.

Anyhow, if I don't get a chance to pop in here before I am settled in Fla, I want to wish everyone great losses .

Cari H.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Well, I weighed in yesterday & I stayed the same. That's ok though. I think I am going through a feeling of deprivation now. I want to eat what I haven't had for a while. I have to be careful & plan my indulgences. It's harder to do than to plan. I won't be weighing in for two weeks since I leave on my cruise on Tuesday. Wish me luck.:)

Cari...Have a safe trip/move...I so wish I was moving with you! My hubby has been trying to find a job there for a few years. So far no luck! We vacation there several times a year and love it!

Chel...I hope you are feeling better!!

theporrhouse....That's great!!! I am too scared to put my scale away! Keep up the good work!!

PTAngel....no worries! I went up 0.6 this week....we will have big losses next week for sure!! Just keep pushing and we will get there! I tend to have a pattern...I have a big loss one week and the next week I go up a tad or stay the same....then the next week a big loss. Like last week I lost 3 pounds and this week I was up a tad..so next week I expect 3+:)

PTAngel - have a wonderful time on your cruise!

bahamama, you're right about the ups and downs of weight loss, I lost nothing last week and I've lost 4lbs this week so I'm really pleased :)

I've been away for a few days at the beach, was lovely to get away and just unwind. hope you're all having a good week

Hey everyone feels like its been forever since I last posted... I was pretty sick this past week and then to top it off my 5 yr old broke my computer so I had to go to best buy and get a new one today. That's life I suppose but I actually needed a new one and finally had the excuse to go get one. Anyways I weighed in yesterday and lost another 1.7 lbs so even though I was sick I still managed to lose which is good.

Cari~ Good luck with your move and be safe. I think your idea of chicken and salad along the way is a good idea and if you stop by a Wendy's their chili is pretty good. Most of all have fun with this new exciting adventure. :D

PTangel~ If you haven't left yet for your cruise tomorrow have an AWESOME time and make sure you takes lots of pics for us to drool over :p Have fun.

Bahamma Mamma~ Hows your active link working out for ya? I haven't been logging into my fitbit this past week due to being sick and no computer the last few days but I did just put it back on. Hope all is well and I will talk with yall later.

Chel

well done on the 1.7 chelll!!

and theporhouse.. thats really good!

I'm finding it a bit easier this week. I've been able to walk a bit more and I'm not craving the junk food. It does help having this thread and thinking about being on that cruise. :)

Hi Ladies, would like to join up with you...a little background 5'7, 49 yrs old, and started my journey (very slowly) the first of January at 177#. I am currently at 165 and my goal is 135-140. I cruised last year and was at 145 but gained a lot this last year:eek: I am trying to stay away from carbs and change my eating habits. Except for the pizza last Friday (which shut down my weight loss for a week) I have done pretty well. Goal is 2 lbs per week loss so I am hoping in July to be in the 140 range. Good luck to all and hope we all reach our goals by the next cruise:D

hi cruzngrl :) welcome and well done on your weight loss so far!

I lost 2.2lbs this week, it's been easier than last week am back in the habit of preparing some meals and not eating junk food. I started a bit of gentle yoga at home a few days ago - I can certainly feel the ole muscles have been stretched...

I bit the bullet and booked our cruise for 2015 a few days ago- Norway & Iceland - can't wait :D

hope you all have a good week,

Edited by jayne62

• 2 weeks later...

Can I join you all? A few months late but I'd love to jump in!

Back story: I've done it all and lost about 75% of my weight goal, twice. Most recently I went on my Jan 2011 cruise 60 lbs lighter and I loved it! I still had 40 to go to hit my goal, but I was so happy and more fit on that cruise.

Today: 50 lbs up and back where I started, almost. Events keep coming that I say I want to lose for but I don't. Day in and day out even though I REALLY know how to do this, the food choices are difficult. I could eat the chicken and salad, but isn't it easier to just eat (insert junk item here.) The way I've done it before - no wheat, low sugar, lots of veggies and protein. Carbs come from fruit and rice, potatoes sometimes. I need to ditch Diet Soda, bread, sugar and junk in general.

So - family cruise #2 next March. Last one I am in very few photos and as much as I LOVE our formal pics, I really wish I has been 50-75 lbs lighter. Let's do this!